We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: YES!!! The "I'm So Happy!" thread - 2011  (Read 86065 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: YES!!! The "I'm So Happy!" thread - 2011
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2011, 01:08:43 PM »
Hope you have a wonderful holiday, Erika!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #406 on: June 04, 2011, 09:08:20 AM »
A magnificent holiday in the Picos de Europa followed by an incredible acoustic performance by David Gray and his band at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester last evening ... life is sweet.  The only downside proved to be the traffic snarl-up on the way home made infinitely worse by the 'masses' leaving the City of Manchester Stadium after the Take That concert.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:59 PM »
A magnificent holiday in the Picos de Europa followed by an incredible acoustic performance by David Gray and his band at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester last evening ... life is sweet.  The only downside proved to be the traffic snarl-up on the way home made infinitely worse by the 'masses' leaving the City of Manchester Stadium after the Take That concert.

Great concert wasn't it Cliff and the M62 was terrible ;)
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #408 on: June 07, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »

If I knew you were present I would have let you buy a round ... it's a heck of a long way from Devon?   :D :D :D
Cliff Booker

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2011, 09:23:18 PM »

If I knew you were present I would have let you buy a round ... it's a heck of a long way from Devon?   :D :D :D

Visit to the homeland to see my brother and family in Huddersfield. I didn't know he had got tickets until we arrived early that afternoon. In my day Yorkshiremen were never allowed to buy a round in Lancashire! ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #410 on: June 07, 2011, 10:40:03 PM »

Visit to the homeland to see my brother and family in Huddersfield. I didn't know he had got tickets until we arrived early that afternoon. In my day Yorkshiremen were never allowed to buy a round in Lancashire! ;D

They would have accepted euros ...   ;D
Cliff Booker

Casalima

• Not lost in translation
« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2011, 02:08:51 PM »
After years of delays, for one reason or another, today I finally took the architectural part of the planning permission application for the restoration of my "quinta" to the town hall!! When they are approved, I then have to add the "engineering plans" for approval and then the building can start! And where there is a house, there can be a garden  :D :D It's all very exciting, and the architecture plans are (in the words of various friends of mine) fabulous!
Chloe, Ponte de Lima, North Portugal, zone 9+

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #412 on: June 09, 2011, 02:18:02 PM »
I can envisage garden tours within two years and visits by international garden/architectural delegations within three years!   :D
Many congratulations Chloe ... remember to leave plenty of room for crevice gardens, troughs and gravel beds.
Cliff Booker

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #413 on: June 09, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »
Will you be doing B&B Chloe? ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #414 on: June 09, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »
I do hope so............ :D
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

angie

« Reply #415 on: June 09, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Haven't I got nice friends, isn't it a lovely bench and a cake as well , what a gift and it isn't my birthday or anything.
Sorry the minute I uncovered the cake I had a slice and then I went to find my camera ::) ;D

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #416 on: June 09, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »
You are a lucky lady Angie, to get such lovely gifts. One for now, one to last. What flavour was the cake?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Casalima

• Not lost in translation
« Reply #417 on: June 10, 2011, 02:49:43 PM »
I do hope so............ :D

There are a couple of bedrooms designed with that in mind  :)
And plenty of room for almost anything in the garden - I won't say "more than enough room" because I know these things can be exponential ...
Chloe, Ponte de Lima, North Portugal, zone 9+

angie

« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
You are a lucky lady Angie, to get such lovely gifts. One for now, one to last. What flavour was the cake?

Chocolate cake Lesley, and a few more slices have gone. My friends, Helen and Bill are downsizing so they won't need all their benches so they generously gave me one. They are moving to another SRGC members garden so they are also lucky as they are going to inherit some lovely things.

I sat on it today in the sun and enjoyed a slice of cake, pity you are so far away I would have easy shared it with you  ;)

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #419 on: June 12, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »
Well I'm down-sizing too Angie, so Choc cake is off the menu - for now. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal