We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pleurothallids  (Read 6651 times)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: Pleurothallids
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2009, 08:30:07 AM »
Chris,

But some of us still link the idea of sex with romanticism, even if we're not thinking about the sexual organs of other kingdoms......  (And oh boy there are a lot of comments I COULD make here that I am definitely not going to make!  :-[)

See Maggi, I CAN get myself out of the gutter occasionally.  ;D ;)  Barely. :o
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 08:37:09 AM »
So what kind of flower would you be, Paul , to maximise on your potential... ::)    8)   :P :-*   :D
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
Knowing my luck I'd probably end up as the dead-horse arum, with a smell to live up to the name.  ::)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2009, 12:54:56 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P

Each to their own - wonder if that perfume would sell well in duty free for novelty value?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:57:32 PM by Ragged Robin »
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

Hristo

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 06:10:07 AM »
Just realised I had written all that stuff about not growing Masdevallias again, and I went and bought five of them! Looking through your pics ( again! ) Paul shows how irrestisatble the Pleurothalid alliance really is!
This time I have my east facing room, humidity tray, ventilation fan, I I have put a small tray of water infront of the fan to boost the humidity of the 'blowing air'. Lower winter temps are actually easier to acheive here than they were in the UK with a centrally heated house or a greenhouse maintained for intermediate type orchids!
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal