We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Verbascum acaule seeds wanted  (Read 1226 times)

gordon julian

Verbascum acaule seeds wanted
« on: April 01, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
Would like to obtain true seeds of Verbascum acaule,yellow flowers,almost prostate foliage,
Gordon Julian,Tasmania,Australia

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
Re: Verbascum acaule seeds wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:57:04 AM »
You're not the only one, Gordon!
Let me know if you have any luck!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Verbascum acaule seeds wanted
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »
Join the queue Gordon. I used to have this and it has been available very occasionally in NZ but not recently. I usually got enough seeds to carry on as it's not long-lived but eventually lost it altogether. Since then I've had 3 different species under that name (from the seed exchanges), two were tall biennials which seeded everywhere and the most recent, a smaller, shrubby species which I think may be the same "dwarf" form of V. arcturi I had years ago. It is a nice thing about 30cms in height in flower, though not fully hardy in the open. Otherwise, I've had a couple of things not even remotely related to as verbascum.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal