We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Seedswapping?  (Read 1185 times)

zon7mikke

Seedswapping?
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »
I collect lowgrowing alpines from all around the world, as long as its hardy enough for Sweden.

Every year I buy wildcollected seeds from “the Czechs”, Chile, USA and from the 3 big RockgardenClubs, AGS,NARGS and SRGC offcourse.

Sometimes I get BIG portions of seeds and if the germination are successful, I get to many seedlings, that's almost impossible to sell or swap, because alpinegardening is a very small hobby here in Sweden.

So instead of plant all the seeds, I save a small portion, 10-30 seeds that I can swap with someone in the same situation(if they exists)

I'm interested in most wildcollected seeds from alpines but also woodlandplants, low shrubs and hardy trees.

So now I'm looking for someone to swap seeds with.

So far Ive got these:
From Alplains: Douglasia nivalis-Penstemon ellipticus-Penstemon pumilus
From Holubec: Lagotis cf. crassifolia-Olsynium junceum-Saussurea cf. nimborum
From Jurasek: Pelargonium endlecherianum
From Gothenburg botanical garden: Aralia hispida
From Chile: Antenaria chilensis-Fuchsia magellanica-Nothofagus alpina-Rhodophiala rhodoliron

I also got some older seeds from 2009-2008, but i send these later in a separate message

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:00:35 PM by zon7mikke »
Stockholm in winter-Jamtland in summer-Sweden

zon7mikke

Re: Seedswapping?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:51:13 PM »
From2009
Alplains: Aquilegia caerulea(3689m.)-Dodecatheon conjugens-Primula suffrutescens-Argemona hispida

From 2008
Jurasek: Acantholimon cf.armenum
Holubec: Sieversia pentapetala-Senecio leucophyllus-Lyonia ovalifolia
Ron Ratko: Lupinus lepidus v.aridus
NARGS: Astragalus purshii-Coryphanta vivipara-Gentiana parryi-Lomatium foeniculaceum ssp.macdougallii-
Alplains: Ipomea leptophylla
Pavelka: Potentilla divina-Potentilla cuneata-Waldheimia tomentosa

I cant promise how good they will germinate but they are worth trying?
Ive got the provenience from all except the ones from Chile.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:02:26 PM by zon7mikke »
Stockholm in winter-Jamtland in summer-Sweden

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal