We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Surplus cyps  (Read 828 times)

monocotman

Surplus cyps
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »
Hi there,

I have a couple of divisions available of cypripedium hybrids taken a year ago. The plants have since re-established and are now just dying down.
First up is a division of 'Sunny' ( calceolus x fasciolatum). It has four new resting buds. See first photo.
There are photos of the mother plant in the 'cyps in pots' thread.It is my most vigorous hybrid and produces large yellow and brown flowers. Good culture will results in the plant more than doubling in size each year.
The original unflowered seedling came from Peter Corkhill in early 2006 and by the autumn of 2010 had increased to 22 growths.
The second division is of a very nicely coloured clone of 'Philipp' (Kentuckiense x macranthos). It has three new buds. See 2nd and 3rd photos.
The flowers are large and have a very clear pinky/red colour with a striking red picotee edge to the inside of the lip.
Again plant growth is vigorous and and it doubles every year.
The final plant available is a large plant of 'Ulla Silkens' (reginae x flavum). This is a mature plant which fills an eight inch pot. There must be well over 10 resting buds ( I haven't counted) and the reason it is available is that the flowers are only middling quality. It has the pink lip of reginae and the petals reflex and are creamy yellow.
I am looking to expand my collection of cyps and am looking for swaps for other nice clones of species or hybrids. I am particularly looking out for macranthos var hotei atsumorianum,
Regards,
David
'remember that life is a shipwreck, but we must always remember to sing in the life boats'

Heard recently on radio 4

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal