We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: 2009- A vintage year for shows?  (Read 1408 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
2009- A vintage year for shows?
« on: April 01, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »
It has been remarked upon in these pages that the shows this year seem to among the biggest and best seen for many years. Entries  have been much greater in number and the standards are super.
I notice from the pictures and notes on the AGS site from the London AGS show,( held  31st March and today 1st April in the RHS Lindley Hall, Vincent Square, London, SW1 2PE) that entries are up 50% ... very good news indeed. See the pix here...
http://www.alpinegardensociety.net/shows/results/shows2009/shows/london/photogallery.html

I do hope that these high numbers are maintained throughout the show season around the country and provide a wonderful spectacle for lovers of rock garden and alpine plants.  8)
This seems to be shaping up to be a vintage year for shows.... do you agree?
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: 2009- A vintage year for shows?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:17:42 PM »
I certainly agree Maggi, at least so far as we in the nether regions are concerned. We're tremendously thrilled and grateful to all those who organise, exhibit at and take pictures of, the various shows around the UK. It seems never to have been a better year for Online exhibits at least. We in Australasia, the USA and Canada, the outer parts of Europe and elsewhere thank you all so warmly for making it possible for us poor deprived souls, to share the beauty and the glory that is a first class AGS or SRGC show.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal