We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pleione formosanum 'Lilas' ?  (Read 2491 times)

IngerK

Pleione formosanum 'Lilas' ?
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »
2-3 years ago I bought 3 Pleione formosanum 'Lilas' from a webshop here in Norway (Zimtrade). It was described as light pink with skarp yellow trumpet. I can't find any 'Lilas' as spp. or hybrids, and the flowers doesn't match the description either. It is larger than my formosanums, flowers are larger - and higher (12-15cm). Here are some pictures,  the first is together with "ordinary" formosanum.

(Clickable pictures)

Is it possible to say something about this Pleione?

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Re: Pleione formosanum 'Lilas' ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »
Wellcome to the forum Inger-Karin :)
I am far from an expert but I think the cultivar You shown is nice.  8) I hope You get more information if it is a cultivar (and more information about this cultivar). Maybe the more knowledged can rule out that it is a hybrid or not due to the big difference in flower size.
All the best
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

LarsB

• The Fearless One
Re: Pleione formosanum 'Lilas' ?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:32:36 PM »

There are a lot of formosana cultivars. The only reference i can find on google of formosana 'lilas' are from a french site and my french is as good as it was when i had French in school; it's a beautiful language and I still don't understand it :) Pleione formosana are generally easy to grow.

Kind regards

Lars
Lars in Roedovre, Denmark.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal