We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Eranthis  (Read 1461 times)

Renate Brinkers

Eranthis
« on: April 20, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »
Hello,
here are some Eranthis pictures.
Best wishes,
Renate

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Re: Eranthis
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
Hello Renate
Nice to see some different cultivars of them.
We only have a lot of the usual one and more every year since my mother takes the seeds and throw them in the beds to get them a bit further away. That is in Sweden, here in Portugal I have not seen any and my mother does not dare to take them to Hungary since she is affraid they will take over the (flower) bed.
Do these nice cultivars have nice offspring? And have You played around with mixes of them?

Thanks or sharing

kind regards
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Renate Brinkers

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:08:35 PM »
Hello Joakim,

for a long time I also had only the usual form and the seedlings which grow like they would be payed for in the garden.
In the meantime I have a nice little collection, not a lot of each but enough to start some crossings. The first seedpods are ripening now and I am curious to see what happens.
Cross you fingers for a lot of seed.

To your mother: i think it is better to have Eranthis in the flower beds than a lot of other things - one of the nicest weeds I know *smile*

Kind regards,
Renate
Best wishes,
Renate

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 10:27:25 PM »
Hello Renate
I hope You will have something interesting from Your seed pods  8).
We are all looking forward with excitement. I hope there will be a lot of seed and a lot of exciting variants. :)
My mother agrees it is a nice "weed" and that is why she is spreading it in Sweden but fears it will be too good grower in Hungary and take over some of the other things there. I doubt that but it is a bit to early for us any way in Hungary. More plants to the summerhouse instead ;D.
Take care and good luck
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal