We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Posting photos to the SRGC Forum - News!  (Read 1460 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Posting photos to the SRGC Forum - News!
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »
About posting photos - I know the ease of loading pix to facebook is very tempting - along with all those "like" ticks - but  the SRGC Forum has undergone some changes recently and if using the  (attachimg=1)  code - with the square brackets (rather than the ones I've used to allow you to see without confusing the system with code) it is possible to attach  larger photo sizes which will be automatically resized to the page and open in the  text box.

Sadly, the automatic photo resizer no longer works  for this forum and photos must be resized to under 200kbs each to be able to be loaded to the forum.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 12:32:25 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Posting photos to the SRGC Forum - News!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »
More on the photo  issue....
when  one attaches photos  etc to a forum post,  under the "Attachments and other options" button below the text  box, there are various choices - when one uses the   (attachimg=1)  code - within the square brackets -
it is possible to attach  larger photo sizes which will be automatically resized to the page and open in the  text box.  (I've used () type to allow you to see without confusing the system with code when using the code in square brackets - that is to say, if I showed the code inside the square brackets all you would see is an attachment unavailable message because there is no picture loaded)
A screen grab of those options is shown below....

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal