We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Collect Aquilega species in Europe, Nepal, Pakistan or southeast China?  (Read 942 times)

Susann

Dear rockers, I got a message from a Russian friend who is working on a incredible project. He is writing a monograph about Aquilegia ( Yes he is aware of Bob Noldīs nice book. But this one is, as I understand,  going to be far more extencive; really covering all species there are. I saw some of his work last year and I am really impressed. ) My friend has already travelled a lot himself, and has collected all norht american species and all species in northern China.

Now he is asking for some help. Is anyone able to collect Aquilegias in nature for him? ( Absolutely not from garden as they hybridize so easily).

He is interested in species from Europe, from Nepal and Pakistan and southeast China. He needs samples for DNA-analysis. He is interested in collected plants as guarded as herbarium specimens and if possible also seeds. ( It is super-easy to make a small herbarium. You just need some newspaper paper and two pieces of cardboard and a string to keep the papers tight.)

He can not offer you much as compensation; but of course to be mentioned in the monograph. And if you put a lot of work into it he can give you a small financial compensation.

If you are able to help him I will take care of the sending of the samples to Russia, as it is not permitted to send plants or seeds using Russian postal service.

If you are interested in helping him; may I please ask you to answer me either by a private PM or using this thread, but as soon as possible as I am soon leaving for my own field studies. Thank you and wishing you all a nice Easter!
The fastest way to reach your goal is to take one step at a time

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal