We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Shaftesbury's Inaugural Snowdrop Study, Sale & Social Day 15th February 2014  (Read 19041 times)

emma T

• Famous original snowdrop hat lady
Okay bare with me ......

I've been chating  to Pam Cruickshank the lady who since the diamond jubilee has been running the Shaftesbury snowdrop festival in Dorset (I think I posted some pictures of last years events on here some where )

Together we have decided to try and put on a study day on the 15th of Febuary complete with speakers , a snowdrop plant sale and a garden to visit .

This all depends on us being able to find speakers and people willing to come and sell some plants !!!!!!,!!

So as it stands we are emailing and phone in garden lot of people to try and sort something out !

If we manage it I hope people will be tempted to come !

If anyone can help by putting me in touch with people who may be able to do lectures , and who might have a lot of snowdrops to sell now there is no gala PLEASE LET ME KNOW !

We have very little time to sort this , so any and all help is appreciated , the idea is not to compete with the gala , we don't want to step on toes , and if it runs in the future it will be on a non gala day .

Wish us luck   
- edit by maggi 7/01/14 - new new name forthis thread - now  Shaftesbury's Inaugural Snowdrop Study, Sale & Social Day
- tickets now on sale!

http://www.snowdrops.moonfruit.com/download/i/mark_dl/u/4010999404/4604016784/Shaftesbury%20Snowdrop%20Study%20Day.pdf

http://www.snowdrops.moonfruit.com/sponsor/4567641188/Snowdrop-Study-Sale-and-Social-Day/7265759

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:14:35 PM by Maggi Young »
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

emma T

I guess if we don't get any speakers I could show everyone who comes how to make snowdrop hats !
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

emma T

Oh lord what have I gotten myself into !  :o ;D ???

emma T

Lol also I meant bear with me ! I'm not encouraging naked snowdrop events , if people want one organise that your selves

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
I think this is a really good idea.  I hope you get lots of support and I think anyone who teases you about your spelling error should be obliged to attend.
Almost in Scotland.

emma T

Thanks Alan . Could have edited it , but can't be bothered ! Besides it is funny . Once we get some details formalised if people could spread the word I'd be much obliged  :-*

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
What a super initiative, Emma - I wish you all the best with it.  I hope the galanthophiles will rally round to make it a really super event.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Hagen Engelmann

• treuer Schneeglöckchenfreund
    • http://www.engelmannii.de
Sorry, Emma
I'm too far away......
Hagen Engelmann Brandenburg/Germany (80m) http://www.engelmannii.de]

emma T

Thanks Maggi

If it works the idea would be to move it to a day that wouldn't clash with the Gala , we are only trying to sort it now as the absence of the gala seemed like a good opportunity to get some thing done !

emma T

Sorry, Emma
I'm too far away......

Never mind , if we get it off the ground I'm sure we will take pictures !

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
Sounds brilliant Emma - I'm in Plymouth on 13/14th so a stop in Shaftesbury on the way back home would be perfect...
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
Good luck with this Emma, a great initiative.
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

emma T

Thanks for your suport everyone !  :-* I really must stop worrying about organising the event and go and get so sleep , got a second round job interview to go to tomorrow !

art600

• Travels light, travels far
Emma

Hope the interview does well.

Not to put a dampener on your efforts, but do you think there will be any snowdrops to see on Feb 15th.  This welcome weather - NOT the rain - has meant a lot of mine will have flowered and gone over by end of January. :(
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

emma T

Well sadly I cannot control the weather . But what we will have is photos , great speakers ,good company (I hope ) , snowdrops for sale and LOTS OF CAKE

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal