We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pinguicula  (Read 4587 times)

ronm

Re: Pinguicula
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »
I'm still amazed Maggi, I don't think that without that intuition we would have anywhere near the site we currently have....!!!
He is known as 'Cutesy' but sometimes by his alter ego ( as in this pic ) as 'Spike'. He will hug anyone he can until they give up!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:31:55 PM by ronm »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 08:32:52 PM »
Thanks, Ron!  The fact that I am so involved does give me a unique overview of the whole kit and caboodle -I've been told that I should get out more - but the world is coming right here - it would be so rude not to be ready with the tea and coffee :D ;)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ronm

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »
Although they are never,( maybe too strong, maybe not!! ) seen at any alpine plant show, or discussed in any alpine forum ( see previous statement!!), the majority of Central American Pings are alpine plants I'm sure, certainly not needing any heat here in UK.
e.g. as a start, this travelogue http://www.pinguicula.org/A_world_of_Pinguicula_2/Pages/Postcard_9.htm

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal