We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: La Mortella Gardens, Isola d'Ischia  (Read 6887 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: La Mortella Gardens, Isola d'Ischia
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 07:20:36 PM »
Paddy, a cracking set of pictures I thoroughly enjoyed them. Had it not been for a tuna salad lunch to die for and too many bottles of red wine to go with it on my one and only visit to Ishcia, I might have visited the garden myself!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 09:57:59 PM »
David,

This was one day when we approached our plans with total determination - we wanted to get there as early as possible and stay as long as possible. However, we did manage to squeeze in a caprese and some bottles as there was a restaurant in the gardens, limited menu but sufficient for the day.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 11:22:04 PM »
Well David, for now I'm driving an old bomb belonging to Roger (he's palmed it off on to me, and bought himself something rather tastier) and it'll do until I can manage something better. The washing machine has been replaced ACTUALLY WITH A BRAND NEW ONE!!! How sad is my life that I can get all excited by a new washing machine. :( It's purring away in the background as I write this and does a good job.

Cars and washing machines come and go over time, but I'm not likely ever to have another Petruolo painting. I had a look at an Italian art gallery website and a number of paintings they had in stock were listed but I couldn't discover what their prices were. Probably just as well. It's a watercolour, 55cms x 38cms.

The grand, a full-sized concert, is an English piano, Sir Herbert Marshall, Sons and Rose. It has a superb tone and is very precious within the family. Although it now belongs to me, it is housed by my sister in the North Island. She has always lived in houses with large rooms whereas my house is small and can't accomodate it.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 01:17:17 AM »
Just catching up
very nice pics Paddy.
If anyone is into lotus flowes there is a nice pond/lake where You can swim with them and they are a bit strange to have around You when swiming I must say.
It is in the Hungarian thermal bath (spa) in Heviz and it is an excelent place for enjoying life.
I must admit that I have for many years thought of the flowers as waterlilies but I have been told that they are lotus flowers.
The pics are from the edge/outside the pond as well as the center changing room.
I was thinking of calling it my little place in Hungary but I was grown up not to try to trick You all.
The last pic of the pink lotus is the more typical one that there is a lot of in the pond but not in my over view.
I am sparing You from seeing me in my swimsuit that I had when I was nine. Did it fit?  ::) Let us say that there is a limit in how much they could strech and cover  :-[ :P ::) 8)
Please let me know if the first two also are lotus or if they are water lilies.
The pics are not as good as I wanted but considering that I was not that well dressed hase was needed when taking the pics. They are from 2005.
Kind regards
Joakim
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 01:18:59 AM by Joakim B »
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal