We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: 2010 YES!!! The "I'm so happy" thread.  (Read 54558 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: 2010 YES!!! The "I'm so happy" thread.
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2010, 12:48:02 AM »
I'm so happy because although the SRGC website was down for a couple of hours last night/early today all now seems to be well! :)

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2010, 07:33:41 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D  I'm happy, too, this morning to find that there are more great postings and I don't have to worry about withdrawal symptoms as Admin has come to the fore once more  8) 8) 8) :-*
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2010, 10:08:14 AM »
I'm so happy because although the SRGC website was down for a couple of hours last night/early today all now seems to be well! :)

Many thanks to Fred, I was getting withdrawal symptoms too!
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

maggiepie

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2010, 01:14:29 PM »
Not sure if it belongs here, but good luck to Andy Murray in the Oz open final ;D ;D ;D
Helen Poirier , Australia

art600

• Travels light, travels far
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
YES YES YES  8)  8)  8)
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2010, 01:23:56 PM »
Yep! I guess the TV cameras will be back in Dunblane again? Last night his Uncle Neil and his gran were interviewed, along with staff in Bennett's (butcher); Mathieson's (baker) and the bookies (sorry, the candlestick maker went out of business. The recession and all that.)
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2010, 01:25:34 PM »
Not sure if it belongs here, but good luck to Andy Murray in the Oz open final ;D ;D ;D

And what about our Justine in her final ??   >:( ;) ;D
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »
... (sorry, the candlestick maker went out of business. The recession and all that.)

It gets on your wick doesn't it,, Anthony?   :D
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

maggiepie

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
Luc, good luck to Justine, I hope she wins!!!

Helen Poirier , Australia

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
 ;)
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Rodger Whitlock

• overly well-read
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »
I'm so happy!

A few weeks ago, after the petals fell from my twenty or so flowers of Anemone caucasica, ... I have today a good haul of nice, ripe-yet-green seed of this most charming of anemones.

It will be sown before I go to bed.

And today, 8½ months later, I'm so happy to announce that I have four 6" pans chock-a-block with seedlings! They've been given protection from rain during the winter, but now they're sitting out in the open enjoying a slow rain that will freshen them up and invigorate them.

Now comes the hard part: raising these little seedlings to maturity. It takes some years, just like Eranthis hyemalis, and the tubers are not completely frost-hardy if soaking wet in exposed containers. I lost a 10" pan of two- or three-year old seedlings last winter to just a few nights of hard freeze.

Regrettably, I don't have a decent photo of this tiny charmer.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »
4 pans to try in different places - hopefully at least one will succeed!
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

art600

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2010, 11:19:47 AM »
If this does not make you laugh out loud........

PEOPLE YOUR OWN AGE

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE AND THINKING, SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD.

WELL . . . YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE.

MY NAME IS ALICE , AND I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW DENTIST.

I NOTICED HIS DDS DIPLOMA ON THE WALL, WHICH BORE HIS FULL NAME. SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK-HAIRED BOY WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CLASS SOME 30-ODD YEARS AGO.

COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK THEN?

UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH THOUGHT.

THIS BALDING, GRAY-HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE.

AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK HIGH SCHOOL.

"YES. YES, I DID. I'M A MUSTANG," HE GLEAMED WITH PRIDE.

"WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE?" I ASKED.

HE ANSWERED, "IN 1970. WHY DO YOU ASK?" 

"YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!", I EXCLAIMED.

HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY.

THEN, THAT UGLY,

OLD,

BALD,

WRINKLED FACED,

FAT-ASSED,

GRAY-HAIRED,

MAN

ASKED,

"WHAT DID YOU TEACH???

Arthur Nicholls

art600

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2010, 11:29:27 AM »
Dear Friends

At the beginning of the year I wanted to thank you for the e-mails you have forwarded over the last year.
I must send a big thank you to whoever sent me the one about rat sh!t in the glue on envelopes, because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.
Also, I now have to wipe the top of every can I open for the same reason.
I no longer have any savings because I gave it all to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.. But that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft are sending me for participating in their special email programs. Or from the senior bank clerk in Nigeria who wants me to split seven million dollars with me for pretending to be a long lost relative of a customer who died intestate.
I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me.
I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward emails to seven friends and make a wish within five minutes. I no longer drink Coca-Cola because it can remove toilet stains.
I no longer can buy petrol without taking a friend along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm filling up. I no longer go to shopping centres because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.
I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number and then I'll get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore and Uzbekistan. I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my bum.
I can't even pick up the £5.00 I found dropped in the car park because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.
If you don't send this email to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhoea will sit on your head at 5:00pm this afternoon and fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician.
By the way....a South American scientist after a lengthy study has discovered that people with low IQ who don't have enough sex, always read their emails while holding the mouse.
Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.
Regards,
Your friend
Arthur Nicholls

art600

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
SPEEDING

GOOD: Wexford: Garda Traffic Corps had a perfect spot to watch for speeders, but weren't getting many. Then they discovered the problem - a 12-year-old boy was standing up the road with a hand painted sign, which read SPEED TRAP AHEAD'. The Garda also found the boy had an accomplice who was down the road with a sign reading 'TIPS' and a bucket full of money (And we used to just sell strawberries!)

BETTER: A motorist was mailed a photo of his car speeding through an
automated speed check on the N4. A €80 speeding ticket was included.
Being cute, he sent the Gardai a photo of €80. The Gardai responded with another mailed photo of handcuffs.

BEST: A Young woman was pulled over for speeding. A Traffic Corps Garda walked to her car window, flipping open his ticket book, she said, 'I bet you are going to sell me a ticket to the Garda Traffic Department Ball.' He replied, 'The Garda Traffic Department don't have balls.....' There was a moment of silence. He then closed his book, got back in his patrol car and left.

And an old classic to boot........

A Kerry senior citizen, 76, drove his brand new BMW convertible out of the dealership.
Taking off down the road, he floored it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.
'Amazing,' he thought as he flew down the Killarney road, pushing the pedal even more.
Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Garda car behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring.
He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120.
Suddenly he thought, 'What am I doing? I'm too old for this,' and pulled over to await the Garda's arrival.
Pulling in behind him, the Garda walked up to the BMW, looked at his watch and said,
'Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason for speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go.'

The old gentleman paused. Then said, 'Years ago, my wife ran off with a Garda. I thought you were bringing her back.'
'Have a good day, Sir' replied the Garda

Arthur Nicholls

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal