We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Down Under  (Read 7805 times)

Darren

Re: Down Under
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2010, 03:28:09 PM »
Very best wishes from Susan and I too Lesley, and pleased to hear John is recovering.
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Liz Mills

• Immediate Past President
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »
So sorry to hear about John's accident but delighted to hear he's making a good recovery.  My son-in-law is also a motor bike addict - sadly, I don't think there's any cure for this sort of addiction. And nothing that will stop us others worrying.  Hope the news continues to be all good, Lesley.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010, 11:54:04 PM »
THanks everyone. Things are progressing nicely I'm told (haven't been up to Timaru since Friday morning) and all being well and if he grizzles enough, I think he'll be home tomorrow with Susan, his sister to keep things calm.

Johhny, I'll pass on that message. I'm sure it will go down well. :D What with the four wheeler he uses on the farm and the assorted trucks, tractors etc on some very steep country, it amazes me that this is the first serious accident he's had, and it wasn't even at work. Years ago, I think he was about 17, he crashed my then car, a Lada, and as you know they're built like a tank. Unfortunately the other car was an Alfa Romeo. Insurance company not happy. No-one hurt though except for superficial cuts and bruises.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

indigo

• Celestial Healing Light
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 01:00:36 PM »
Glad your son is healing well.
http://celestialhealinglight.blogspot.com/
Distant Reiki Energy Healing
Handmade Flower and Crystal Essences
The Emotion Code
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Celestial-Healing-Light/242399842497806

ichristie

• Former President
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »
Hi Lesley good news indeed that Your son is improving, very best wishes from us here in Kirriemuir.  cheers Ian the Christie kind.
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »
Thanks again everyone. Just for the record, John is home now and by and large not too unhappy to be spending time on the sofa with the TV. He's sleeping a lot and is getting some headaches and is still sore where the breaks are but his docs are happy with the way he's healing. He'll be strapped and in plaster for another 6 weeks most likely.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »
Very good news Lesley - healing vibes on the way together with Swiss air  :)
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2010, 10:28:06 PM »
We are so pleased to here he's been let out of the hospital... they may be able to do great things, but they're not places to stay any longer than is absolutely necssary! Send him our fondest good wishes, please!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2010, 10:45:38 PM »
I will indeed Maggi. I'm going up tomorrow for a few hours, the first trip this week and no doubt will have plenty of instructions for him, (do this, don't do that etc, all of which he'll ignore).

Swiss air would be great Robin, though it sounds a bit like an airline :D). First frost this morning and I think Bessera elegans has been badly hit. I hope the bulbs will be OK if I rescue them today.

angie

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2010, 09:55:17 AM »
Lesley nice to hear that your son is out of hospital, tell him we were all worried and wish him all the best from Scotland.

Hope your bulbs are Ok.
Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
Good to hear the great news Lesley !!!  :D :D :D
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »
I'm just about ropeable at present, (see Moan Moan...) after someone had taken so much trouble on my behalf and had been so generous.

The Bessera looks no worse than it has done for the last 3 weeks. Undercover now though.

J.B.Wyllie

• The Wily Wifie
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010, 11:41:25 AM »
Just found out John Massey Ashwood Nurseries will be joining Harry Jans are guest speakers in 2012 at Lincon Uni in Christchurch. See some of you there.

Jean
Jean Wyllie Dunblane Scotland

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »
Just found out John Massey Ashwood Nurseries will be joining Harry Jans are guest speakers in 2012 at Lincon Uni in Christchurch. See some of you there.

Jean

Here's a link to Harry Jans' superb web site: http://www.jansalpines.com/index.php?page_id=0&lang=en
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

J.B.Wyllie

• The Wily Wifie
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »
Harry Jans was a speaker at Stirling Group SRGC weekend last year. Excellent talks look forward to seeing him again.
John was talking about Hellebore and Hepatica at a Weekend the Ayr group ran a while ago. Two wonderful lectures.
Jean
Jean Wyllie Dunblane Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal