We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC Pontresina trip  (Read 10799 times)

Martinr

Re: SRGC Pontresina trip
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2009, 07:14:41 PM »
I know your photographic skills are better than mine Peter, now I know why. I a) haven't got enough patience and b) wouldn't even dream of carrying tweezers when I'm out in the hills ??? That's photographic passion!!!!!

I've got this terrible vision of you sitting on some windswept ridge, in a snowstorm, with a mirror in one hand plucking your eyebrows.......and I can't even find an appropriate emoticon to express it!

Peter Maguire

• Camera-toting Gadabout - and new Grandad!
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »
These tweezers are part of a bit of Swiss military hardware (clue, it's red, and also has a toothpick, corkscrew, and couple of sharp things)  ;D
Besides, I wouldn't pluck my eyebrows, they're some of the few remaining black hairs I possess! (see photo to left)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:26:46 PM by Peter Maguire »
Peter Maguire
Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.

"I've killed so many plants. I walked into a nursery once and my face was on a wanted poster." - Rita Rudner

http://www.pmfoto.co.uk/

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2009, 07:36:40 PM »
 ;D ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:21 PM »
These tweezers are part of a bit of Swiss military hardware (clue, it's red, and also has a toothpick, corkscrew, and couple of sharp things)

The sharp things are to extract one's fingers from a marmot's mouth.  Then, of course, the marmot can borrow the toothpick.  :D
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Peter Maguire

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2009, 10:21:07 PM »
Beware, killer marmots at large!

(Actually a sneak preview of day 8 )
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:56:34 PM by Peter Maguire »
Peter Maguire

"I've killed so many plants. I walked into a nursery once and my face was on a wanted poster." - Rita Rudner

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2009, 02:18:54 AM »
They do look like they're a bit on the warpath, don't they!  :o  Another family of marmots invading their territory?  Do we have "Marmot Wars : Nature in Action" coming soon to these pages?  ;)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Peter Maguire

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »
Fortunately, there was another marmot involved in a territorial fight, but I'll come to that later.....

If they gave that look to humans, then we would need to be afraid, very afraid  :o
Peter Maguire

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2009, 04:25:03 AM »
wonderful plants, views and  photos, peter!
what could be more perfect than the stunning Eritrichium in a nearly 'barren' alpine view of stone and sky?
also great to see the semps!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal