We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: The Rock Garden - SRGC Journal  (Read 1124 times)

Knud

The Rock Garden - SRGC Journal
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:09:39 PM »
Good evening,
Saturday a week and a half ago, the end of yet another rainy week, I received The Rock Garden 127. What a joy, from start to finish; stories, pictures, layout, information, advertisements, everything. I would just like to pay compliment to the editor and his staff/helpers, and, not least, to the contributors, on this regular source of excitement and inspiration. It is impressive that a club like the SRGC has so many active and complementary forums of information and exchange.

Thank you,
Knud
Knud Lunde, Stavanger, Norway, Zone 8

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: The Rock Garden - SRGC Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:26:30 AM »
Thanks, Knud,for your kind words:  I will draw the attention of the Editor to this page.

I will also repeat here a comment made elsewhere in the Forum by Lesley Cox:
My new Journal arrived yesterday and it seems to me to be a especially good one. Between times I think the Forum covers everything but the Journal adds even more wondrous information and pictures. In particular, I think the paper quality is very fine, heavier than previously. The Journal must be up there with the best-produced magazines in the world surely.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ronm

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:47:07 AM »
I received my first copy of "The Rock Garden" yesterday, only a couple of days after paying my subscription! It came very well packaged and with a nice welcoming note, and I must say I have found it a superb professional publication in all aspects. The attention to detail and overall high  quality makes it a pleasure to have. Many thanks to all those behind the scenes who have obviously put a lot of effort into this Journal.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:40:43 PM »
Adding to what I said above (I don't remember saying it), if you have the chance to buy back issues, take it with both hands. This most recent Journal is a triumph but earlier ones are as good and there is so much to learn from them. The Journal and the Forum together make up a marvellously comprehensive resource for plant lovers, travellers to unusual places and especially for those of us who occupy an armchair for quite long periods. :D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:41:53 AM »
I have a full set of journals for sale. I will accept offers for them but the carriage will cost an arm and a leg!
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 10:26:33 AM »
Glad they arrive ok, its nice to get a bit of feedback....
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

ronm

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 11:11:56 AM »
Hi Chris. Not only OK but in excellent condition. If you could see what our postman manages to do to our other mail, ::), its testament to the overall quality, in this case in the choice of packaging. Love the choice of paper too.

KK-Ann Arbor

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
My copy of the Rock Garden 128 arrived last week.  When I saw "SRGC" on the package, I was so exited thinking my seed order finally arrived.  What I found in the package instead was a beautiful copy of the Rock Garden filled with wonderful articles cover to cover.  2011 SRGC meeting articles made me dream of attending one of those some day.....  There was also an article about Hepatica types.  A timely subject along with beautiful photos of new Hepatica blooms shown in the forum elsewhere lately.  They have been fueling my fever for Yukiwariso, as I am looking forward to another trip to Japan in less than 2 weeks.  Agenda for this trip includes a visit to a Hepatica show in Tokyo.
One of the hits selected from my google search on Hepatica has lead me to this forum and it has been a source of great joy not only with Hepatica but other subjects.
While my wait for the seed packet continues, many thanks to everyone at SRGC making this possible. - Koko 
in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - USDA Zone 5a

ChrisB

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
Hi Koko, I'm sure your seeds will arrive soon.  I have my fingers and toes crossed....
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

KK-Ann Arbor

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »
Chris,
Your crossed fingers and toes worked!!  I just received a packet with surplus seeds.  My main order should be coming any day now.  Thank you and everyone worked on this project.  Now I need to get busy.  Koko
in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - USDA Zone 5a

ChrisB

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 12:48:59 PM »
Wonderful news!  Glad my crossing worked for you.
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal