We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions  (Read 3074 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: New Year's Resolutions
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 05:27:11 AM »
Fortunately, many of us prefer dogs. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Ulla Hansson

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
No, I prefer cats. Nevertheless, it was a fun game. I have managed to confine the cat several times, but it is not easy.
Ulla Hansson 45 kilometers east of Gothenburg

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 10:12:07 AM »
Maggi, sometimes you "feel the need to herd the cat right down to the last spot"? I'm not sure just exactly what that tells us about you.
It tells you that I have been "cat herding" on the Forum for a long time, Martin!! ::) ;D
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
  • faster than a speeding...... snowdrop
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 06:02:53 PM »
Hi Martin, I'm curious about your "take" or assessment of Facebook.

Mark, sorry not to have answered the above question sooner. Been busy putting the Facebook book to bed - due to be published end of this month. I've found Facebook to be like any other communication tool - it's all about how you use it. I know people who use it to keep up with, and share photos with, friends who live a long way away and with whom they'd otherwise have a lot of trouble keeping in touch. Others use it to promote their favourite causes, charitable, political, environmental, social etc, share interests, exchange info about upcoming events, arrange to meet socially etc. Then there are others who only seem to use it for the most banal of chit-chat, gossip and repetition of catch-words and suchlike gumph. I'm loath to condemn any means of communication, taking the view that any communication is always far better than none at all - especially for people who lead lonely lives and have trouble getting out or making friends. The book is cartoon-illustrated and pokes a bit of gentle fun at people who use Facebook a bit more than they should - which is probably a a lot of people. 
Martin Baxendale, Gloucestershire, UK.

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 09:14:42 PM »
“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”  GB Shaw
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal