We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cyclamen & Hepaticas in Shropshire  (Read 950 times)

shropshire lass

Cyclamen & Hepaticas in Shropshire
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:22:06 AM »
Hello All
I'm new to this forum though I've been a SRGC and AGS member for some years and have plundered the Forum for advice on many occasions.  I'm working on building up the number of alpine plants I can grow outside in our garden (heavy soil, plenty of rain, 500' up) and two of my favourites are cyclamen and hepaticas.  Next Monday, 21st March, Diane Clements who is well known for her growing skills in AGS circles, is coming to talk to the Shropshire AGS group about these versatile plants.  I expect to learn lots.  Any one in the area is welcome to come along to the Darwin Community Centre in Frankwell, Shrewsbury at 7.30pm.  Maybe I'll see some of you there, otherwise at the Nottingham Conference or afterwards visiting Scottish gardens.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Cyclamen & Hepaticas in Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
Welcome Celia you will enjoy life here with lots to interest you.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
Hello Celia,
Welcome to the Forum. We are very much looking forward to meeting up with you at the Conference and also to having you visit the Scottish Gardens afterwards.

Rest assured that Diane's talents are well known and recognised here, where we value her contribution very highly.
 You will be in for a super talk- I hope you get a record turnout for the meeting.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Nick_the_grief

• Incomplete beginner
    • Nicks Flickr site
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »
It's just too far for me otherwise like the preverbal rat and a drain pipe I woul be making my way over.  Still I think I've talked her in to coming to our Natural History society to talk about ALpine ( it's good when you;
're the programme sec ... I get to choose what I want to hear ;D

Anyway Welcome to the Forum Celia there are a lot of knowledgable people on here ... and me ???
Nick
North Warwickshire

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:17:16 PM »
Hello Celia
Welcome!
Looking forward to some pictures here from your garden :).  Sorry I won't be at the Nottingham conference.  Do we still have a date in May?  Good memories of our visit last May.
Best wishes
Tony

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal