We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Hellebores 2009  (Read 20846 times)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: Hellebores 2009
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:10 PM »
Guy,

Beautiful!  Particularly the double slate and that gorgeous apricot. Thanks for the pics.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Stephen Vella

« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2009, 03:30:45 AM »
Nice Hellebores Guy, nice aprcot.

Have you ever bred with Betty Ranicar?

I've heard some breeders here using this cultivar in their breeding programs for new double colour strains

Hope your well.
Stephen Vella, Blue Mountains, Australia,zone 8.

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »
A couple of anemone centred that are in flower for me at the moment.  Both purchased years ago.  The pink is quite murky in colour this year... usually a bit brighter than this.

Please click on the pic for a larger version.  If pics are too large, please let me know.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Geebo

• Field of Blooms Nursery
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »
Nice Anemone flowered  Paul,the colours could differ sometime,supppose soil condition.......Not to sure,also when bought from under cover,could make a difference the next Year  >:(.

I have done some breeding work with "B Ranicar" in the last years and have Young plants who look promissing as a plant but await the result of the flowers ... :P  ::) always a secret!!!???

Cheers, 
GUY
Ireland , Co Tipperary

http://www.fieldofblooms.ie

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2009, 04:41:41 PM »
Guy,

Beautiful!  Particularly the double slate and that gorgeous apricot. Thanks for the pics.

My choice too! Lovely photos of your Hellebores Guy.
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

Geebo

« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »
Thanks to all, ;) ;) ;)

The result off 15 long years of hard and intensive work and with the help of good friends,i would have not being able to get the results.
We already looking to the new season to reveal some more surprises we hope  :o
Cheers,
Guy.
Ireland , Co Tipperary

Roma

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2009, 10:15:22 PM »
Flowering now, two self-sown double seedlings.  I think the seed parent was a single pink which should have been a double as one of five unflowered seedlings from Ashfield a few years ago.   
Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

Jeffnz

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2009, 01:39:26 AM »
Have not visited the site for some time but noticed the postings re hellebores from Linnett Farm Nursery. I have been lead to understand that Basil is in the throes of closing the nursery and possibly also hybridising.

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2009, 02:40:52 AM »
Roma,

Your two seedlings are beautiful.  Sometimes those singles that appear in seedlings when doubles are expected can produce some lovely offspring if you have the space to keep them and let them seed.  Myself, I'm so far out of space that my seedlings from my own crossings are still in their community pots after a few years as I don't have the space to put them out.  They'd all have flowered by now too.  Still, I do get some nice ones manage to flower in the community pots from time to time, which is always a thrill.  Now, if I just had the space to plant them out.  ::)  Congrats on your two lovely surprise doubles.  Both very different, but both beautiful in their individual ways. 8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.

Geebo

« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »
Hi Roma,I really like the double you posted,it shows again it is just unpredictable what seedlings You come up it is the surprises I like when the go over to show after 3 or 4 year what You get.(Or not)  :-\ :-\

Yes Paul,You are so right,space is always become a problem with time in hellebore's growing,every Year I get more seedlings,as I cant resist to get in to hybridising a few every year,it is a hobby what is running out of hand with me,but i keep growing ;) ;)

Cheers
Guy
Ireland , Co Tipperary

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal