We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: AGS East Anglia Show 2nd May 2009  (Read 1517 times)

Martinr

AGS East Anglia Show 2nd May 2009
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:03:13 PM »
I'm sure you've all been wondering what happened in sun drenched Wymondham on Saturday. I was going to post a whole load of pictures but time has run out :'(

I've attached to this message a picture of Lee & Julie Martin's Farrer medal winning Dianthus squarrosus. If you'd like to see more I have uploaded a lot of pictures on the AGS website or you can wait patiently till next weekend when I should have time to post them all here

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: AGS East Anglia Show 2nd May 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:18:24 PM »
Wow, Martin, that is a FAB plant!  Many congratulations to the winning Martins for their skill in producing that beauty. Not a plant we see much on the show benches up here.... more's the pity ..... actually we don't see many Dianthus at all. :P
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
Re: AGS East Anglia Show 2nd May 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:19:25 PM »
I was there too but busy with entries and results ..... and then we went camping (see Rhododendron thread!)
Before judging I photographed just one plant ... should have been judging perhaps ;)

Dianthus squarrosus - what else!

Later Allium rosenbachianum also caught my eye.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal