We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pelargonium endlicherianum  (Read 7291 times)

4moreaction

Re: Pelargonium endlicherianum
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »
It would be lovely to get some seeds/cutting of it ...that isif somebody can spare any!!

;O))
'we should appreciate the gifts of nature!'

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 08:19:33 PM »
Mine is outside in a pot. P. quercetorum is also hardy.
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Lori S.

• hiking & biking on our behalf !
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 04:36:43 AM »
Matti,
I am interested in your comment that P. endlicherianum is hardy for you there.  How cold does it get in your winters?  Do you have constant snow cover through the winter?
I have tried it here a small number of times with no success at overwintering, and am wondering whether to give it up... or perhaps looking for some faint encouragement to try it again.  :)
Thanks!
Lori
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3
-30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 04:25:47 AM »
Matti,
I am interested in your comment that P. endlicherianum is hardy for you there.  How cold does it get in your winters?  Do you have constant snow cover through the winter?
I have tried it here a small number of times with no success at overwintering, and am wondering whether to give it up... or perhaps looking for some faint encouragement to try it again.  :)
Thanks!
gee, lori, you keep crushing my hopes on some of the plants i most wanted to try...lol...eventually, i still will, since my climate is a bit different, but it does lower my hopes to hear of your losses...

Lori S.

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 05:56:23 AM »
Crushing your hopes, Cohan?!?  :o  Hang around and find out what all does grow here (especially if some more experienced local alpine growers would chime in) and I think you would be encouraged beyond your dreams, LOL!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:23:19 AM by Lori Skulski »
Lori

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 06:36:53 AM »
Crushing your hopes, Cohan?!?  :o  Hang around and find out what all does grow here (especially if some more experienced local alpine growers would chime in) and I think you would be encouraged beyond your dreams, LOL!

i'm not worried i wont find things to grow, its just kind of funny, since a few specific things i had thought to try, you have mentioned didnt overwinter for you..lol.. AND  from comments of yours and johnw's, i have realised i have to be a bit --what, less optimistic? --looking at catalogues such as beavercreek's--not that i ever took any suggested hardiness to be a guarantee...

i know there are still more things than i can grow, even with the space i have! nevermind, much more than what i can afford to acquire ;) ..it does, though, make me even more want to grow all those great alberta natives!!

Lori S.

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
You know, conditions make a huge difference in what one can grow... big differences between the climate of the maritimes (wet, wet, wet) and here...
Lori

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal