We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Leucojum valentinum (=Acis valentina)  (Read 4837 times)

Oron Peri

• Middle Eastern Correspondent for the Forum
  • Living in the Galilee Region, min. temp. 5c max 40
    • Seeds of Peace
Re: Leucojum valentinum (=Acis valentina)
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
Hi Juan

Thank you for showing photos of the plants in the wild.
Intresting to see these wide leaves on drimia undata, in the eastern Med. they look very different.
Acis valentina is a real gem.

Tivon, in the lower Galilee, north Israel.
200m.

Juan Fornes

• Nature admirer, birds lover & bulbs worshipper
Re: Leucojum valentinum (=Acis valentina)
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 01:25:32 AM »
Hi Oron! I´m glad to hear from you, and also that you liked Leucojum valentinum. I think it is a very special flower too. About the Urginea undulata caeculi, it is not wide-leaved!. Pic was taken at their very first begging of their autumm development. How wide are yours? You can see another pic I took of my mature plant in the thread "December 2010 in the nothern hemisphere" with almost fully grown leaves. And also, if you please, take a look at the "Lapiedra martinezii" thread, in "Amaryllidaceae" section.  There you will see some pics of if I took in the wild, but also a pic of my cultivated one together with the Vagaria parviflora leaves to see the difference between them (remeber we talked about that?).
Juan Fornes in Valencia, E. Spain. Zone 10 (not so bad...)

When a man moves away from nature, his heart becomes hard. (Native american proverb)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal