We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Dryad Nursery Snowdrops and Narcissus Ebay Listing 2020  (Read 5567 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Re: Dryad Nursery Snowdrops and Narcissus Ebay Listing 2020
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 08:15:41 PM »
As we are nearing the end of our spring listings, we are happy to be able to offer one of our most requested Dryad Golds - Dryad Gold Ingot.
Usually the latest into flower, Ingot is a compact grower with prettily cupped flowers, the colouring being in effect a reversed 'Blonde Inge', with a green mark and yellow ovary. The green apical mark on the inner segments often 'bleeds' yellow back to the base. On offer tonight is a wonderful multi-nosed clump, which will quickly make an impact in your collection.

Also listed are two other new introductions from Taavi Tuulik's Estonian Birds series of new double snowdrops - these are LUIK and LAGLE. These are two very different plants, Lagle at 16cm high, having regular flowers, and often with the centre of the inner boss protruding out Berthille-style.
Luik, on the other hand, is for lovers of Blewbury Tart-style 'spiky' snowdrops. It is a very rapidly bulking plant, with an intriguing two-toned mark on the inner segments, and claw-like outers.

Not new, but not-often offered is another double - Nigel Chadwick. This one has a neat inverted heart on the inner segments and green marks at the apex of the outers.

A personal favourite is the tiny species Galanthus transcaucasicus. With glossy dark green leaves and dainty flowers on very short stems it is an absolute gem, and would make a fantastic subject for pot culture, raised beds or troughs. I only ever have one or two to spare, so grab this opportunity.

Finally, another colour-changing snowdrop from Germany - Ilse Bilse has a double mark on the inner segments that starts off green, and reliably changes to yellow as the flower matures. It has elegantly elongated flowers with a long 'claw' that displays the remarkable inner mark well.

This listing finishes on Wednesday, and as usual you can find them all here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3&fbclid=IwAR29Nzivh3zDUjS_WhkmCyTerdWenqdmx5WLNTlmXsiHJ-bnj-hLkzs0yGQ

Good luck!
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 06:05:28 PM »
Finishing tonight:
DRYAD GOLD INGOT - a very rare chance to add this much requested variety to your collection, and with a multi-nosed plant on offer, you will be well on the way to an enviable clump!
Two new doubles from Taavi Tuulik's Estonian Birds series; LAGLE is medium height with a neat flower, often with the centre tepals longer than the other inner whorl, while LUIK is for the spiky-lovers out there. Both increase well.
ILSE BILSE - a colour-changer from Germany, which reliably matures from a green inner mark to warm yellow one.
G. transcaucasicus -  a favourite tiny green- leaved species. Very rarely offered and a personal favourite.
Finally, NIGEL CHADWICK is another double snowdrop, that is not often seen, but has beautifully regular flowers on a robust plant.

Most of these are offered as 'clumps in waiting' for fast impact. As usual you can find them all here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3&fbclid=IwAR29Nzivh3zDUjS_WhkmCyTerdWenqdmx5WLNTlmXsiHJ-bnj-hLkzs0yGQ

Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
  • General gardener & Galanthophile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 07:35:12 PM »
Fantastic result for Dryad Gold Ingot Anne!! Many congratulations for such a successful breeding program!

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 10:19:23 PM »
Königin der Gelben
John in coastal Nova Scotia

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 04:39:37 PM »
We are all very sorry to have to announce that our Snowdrop event at Primrose Bank Nursery near York this weekend has been cancelled. Much of the nursery and the parking field is under standing water, and with more rain and storms forecast for Saturday and Sunday, there was no option but to cancel.
We are sorry for the disappointment this may cause to our visitors.
Sue will have a mini-opening the next weekend, but unfortunately Dryad Nursery will not be able to attend, as we have another function.
Please would you pass the word around to anyone who was planning to come. Thank you.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2020, 08:49:32 PM »
In tonight's ebay offering:
Our DRYAD GOLDS are Dryad Gold Ingot, and the new Dryad Gold Standard.
DRYAD GOLD INGOT is probably our most requested variety, and it's not difficult to see why - the neat, compact habit, cupped flowers and striking colouration put it in a class of its own.
Tonight's DRYAD GOLD STANDARD is the second of this variety released this season, and also the last. A medium-tall, imposing variety with large bulbs, it has fine, large bell-shaped flowers, the incurving outer segments make them gently ‘quill’ into a point at their apices when mature. The large bulbs clump up quickly. This has been one of my favourites since its first flowering.

In addition, we are offering no less than five of the new Estonian Bird double snowdrops:
LUIK - a spiky, rapid increaser, flowering at 8-10cm
KIUR - flowering at 10cm high, beautifully regular.
KAUR -  a little taller, just as vigorous
RISTPART - taller still with exceptionally neat flowers with a striking double mark on the inners
LAGLE - medium tall, regular rounded flowers with a double inner mark.

Finally, BEANY is an eye-catching elwesii variety with huge, beautifully shaped flowers, on relatively short stems. Each outer segment has green markings on the apex, and the inner mark is a bold dark green.

This listing finishes on Wednesday, and as usual you can find them all here:

Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:51:31 PM by annew »

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »
FINISHING TONIGHT - a feast of exclusive yellows and doubles!
The final chance this season to add DRYAD GOLDS INGOT and STANDARD to your collections - two of our rarest varieties.
Also, a wonderful selection of the new double varieties from Taavi Tuulik in Estonia, named after birds.
Taavi has told me that RISTPART is one of his favourites and that the mother plant was a G. elwesii from the NW Black Sea coast, which has never before been used in breeding.
KAUR, with its extra set of segments between the outers and inners, is considered by Taavi to be a double poculiform.
He has also told me that LUIK, at present a spiky, will form more regular double flowers when the bulbs are fully mature. I have not yet seen this morph here at Dryad.
More mainstream, but still a stunning snowdrop, we finish with the huge flower of BEANY, sure to catch your eye with its distinctive green tips and giant flowers.

You can find them all here:

Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2020, 07:11:10 PM »
In tonight's ebay offering:

We are delighted to be able to offer five of the new Estonian Bird double snowdrops:

AUL - NEW - first time offered!! Beautiful double with a distinctive two-toned mark on the inner segments, height 12-13cm.

LUIK - a spiky when immature, rapid increaser, flowering at 8-10cm. Taavi tells me that it will form more regular double flowers when the bulbs are fully mature. I have not yet seen this morph here at Dryad.
KIUR - flowering at 10cm high, beautifully regular.
KAUR -  a little taller, just as vigorous - with its extra set of segments between the outers and inners, is considered by Taavi to be a double poculiform.
RISTPART - taller still with exceptionally neat flowers with a striking double mark on the inners

Finally, BASISGRÜNER is a very rare virescent from Hagen Engelmann in Germany.

This listing finishes on Sunday, and as usual you can find them all here:

Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »
FINISHING TONIGHT!
A unique choice of five desirable new doubles in the Estonian Bird range from Taavi Tuulik - he used parent plants never before used in breeding so it is very exciting to see the beautiful forms this new gene pool can produce.
I think these are going to be very popular with growers, so this season is the first chance to add these to your collection.

There is also the rare German virescent, Basisgrüner, a very reliable and consistent flower to extend the season.

Find them all here:

Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal