We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Roscoea seeds wanted  (Read 1276 times)

GordonT

Roscoea seeds wanted
« on: June 14, 2016, 04:07:04 PM »
It has been a while since I posted to the forum...( a year long home renovation can do that!). Now I am looking to expand my small collection of Roscoea species/hybrids.

At the moment, I have R.cautleyoides (seedlings of a yellow form- yet to bloom, and some ex 'Pennine Purple'), along with seedlings of R.humeana (colour unknown) and R. purpurea (standard purple). I would love to add other cultivars/colour forms to this tiny collection. Naturally seed of Roscoea purpurea 'Red Gurkha' is high on the list (does it set seed? is there any available for purchase/exchange?). I would also be interested in seed from white flowered Roscoeas- humeana and the like.

I can offer seed from a very hardy Pacific Coast Iris seedling (seed grown from an open pollinated plant of Iris innominata x Iris tenax). It has been growing here under no special protection regimen for several years now.
Southwestern Nova Scotia,
Zone 6B or above , depending on the year.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal