We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pleione 2015  (Read 50140 times)

johnstephen29

• Hello from East Lincolnshire
Re: Pleione 2015
« Reply #330 on: November 29, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »
Hi Maren & Paul stick to your guns and don't let this women win.
John, Toynton St Peter Lincolnshire

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
« Reply #331 on: December 02, 2015, 05:39:23 PM »
Having tried to contact the offender I got no response at all, so I have now reported this to eBay as an intellectual property rights violation under their VeRO scheme (see http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html. Not sure what happens next.

Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

Mark Griffiths

« Reply #332 on: December 02, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »
Paul, possibly not much. In my "other life" I've come accross someone running a scam for a very expensive bit of musical equipment - they put the advert up, I report it, they take the advert down - the account remains. 
Oxford, UK
http://inspiringplants.blogspot.com - no longer active.

Steve Garvie

• Rainbirder's photostream
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2015, 07:11:55 PM »
Pleione praecox: A form from China

Pleione praecox var. reichenbachiana  -Images of a huge pseudobulb bought this year from Christian Schreiner which had 8 flower buds. Unfortunately half of these flowers had no lip.

Pleione praecox semi-alba

Pleione maculata: Typical form.
WILDLIFE PHOTOSTREAM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rainbirder/

Steve
West Fife, Scotland.

johnstephen29

• Hello from East Lincolnshire
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2015, 07:32:28 PM »
I bought three pleione barcena bulbs a couple of years ago, one is now in flower.

John, Toynton St Peter Lincolnshire

SteveC2

« Reply #335 on: December 12, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »
Sadly Paul's complaints to eBay have, as predicted, had no effect.  Several more lots of Lynn Butterfield have just been listed, still using his photographs.  But if this person has so many of this variety, which is not that common, how come they have never got around to photographing the flowers themselves?  Tongariro by any other name is still Tongariro, me thinks.

erf

• PleioneWorld
« Reply #336 on: December 12, 2015, 07:32:28 PM »
Hello Steve
I had the same thought. With such a load of Pleione Lyn Butterfield, one should think that he/she had the change to take a photo.... wonder what he/she is selling.

Her are a few pictures of a new investment. Pleione albiflora x Pleione praecox bought at Schreiner in Germany few weeks ago. So the nice flowering is not due to me but to Schreiner.
Anyway nice flowers where Pln albiflora is dominant.

Regards and Merry Christmas to all
Erling
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:34:10 PM by erf »
cbc35863586
For Pleione pictures, have a look at https://www.facebook.com/PleioneWorld
or find me at www.pleioneworld.dk

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #337 on: December 12, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »
Merry Christmas, Erling!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

SteveC2

« Reply #338 on: December 22, 2015, 10:57:03 AM »
Love the albiflora x praecox, another one to add to the want list.
Over here it is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... or not really as it is blowing a hoolie and I am walking about in the garden without a coat.  But at least my Christmas pleiones are coming on nicely.  Barcena and Wharfedale Pine Warbler, both bulking up nicely to the point where I have had to part company with some.  Two good pots of WPW and now four of Barcena, wish some of the others were this vigorous.

erf

• PleioneWorld
« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2015, 12:15:25 PM »
Hello Steve
Nice pots you have got there, specially Wharfdale is presenting the Christnas colors. Here in DK it also starts to feel like Christmas, last day at work today :-)
But must say that the Christmas weather is not very Christmas like. 12 C more or less all 24 hours and rain puring down. Santa is going to get problems with his sledge.
Regards Erling
cbc35863586
For Pleione pictures, have a look at https://www.facebook.com/PleioneWorld
or find me at www.pleioneworld.dk

SteveC2

« Reply #340 on: December 26, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »
A word of warning for those of you storing bulbs in greenhouses, sheds etc, particularly in the balmy south of England.  Check things are not moving faster than expected.  I just found some Eiger bulbs with flowers well on the way.  There's early and there's early. ;D

Think it might be time to finally invest in a fridge.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:44:07 AM by SteveC2 »

hud357

« Reply #341 on: December 27, 2015, 08:47:02 PM »
I imagine this particular December is going to cause some problems for all kinds of plants.

December is always a bit of a gamble but Jan/Feb are pretty reliable.

I took a look at some of the seeds I put out earlier in the year and they have sprouted. Good news normally but they may get plenty of below zero in the next few months so...

I'm lucky in that I don't have that many plants and so I could potentially put them all in the fridge if required.

Although this is the wrong thread ... Will this be a problem for Cyps? We here (UK) have had 'prolonged' periods of 13/7 (C) and I'm wondering if they will start waking up only to get a sub-zero welcome. I say this is the wrong thread but I guess this is a common problem for many other plants.

SteveC2

« Reply #342 on: December 27, 2015, 09:56:41 PM »
Conventional theory says that some Cyps might not flower without a genuine cold spell, same as some Pleiones, especially Rakata Shot Silk.  Certainly my best Cyp flowering was 2011 after a proper winter.  We shall see.

monocotman

« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2015, 08:36:16 PM »
I am planning on putting some of my more choice species cyps into the old fridge in the garage for the next two months.
David
'remember that life is a shipwreck, but we must always remember to sing in the life boats'

Heard recently on radio 4

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal