We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Flasking Pleione maculata  (Read 1457 times)

corymbosa

Flasking Pleione maculata
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:42:51 AM »
Hi,
I have some Pleione maculata in flask that I have just replated. This is the first time I've tried growing Pleione from flask. Reading Paul Cumbleton's site, he recommends putting Pleione flasks through a couple of dormancies in the fridge before deflasking them. I realise that a fridge is probably no place for warmer growing species like Pleione maculata but is it still necessary to drop the temperature for this species or can it be maintained at room temperature while in flask.
Andrew

Victoria, Australia

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
Re: Flasking Pleione maculata
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 06:29:58 AM »
Hi Andrew,

you are quite right, no fridge for Pln maculata at any time. Room temperature is fine and an illuminated propagator with thermostat is even better. If growing on a windowsill, make sure they don't face the sun, as that would be heating up the compost too much and baking them. - Good luck with these, they are not easy at any time. Do let us know how you get on.
 :) :) :)
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

corymbosa

Re: Flasking Pleione maculata
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:05:05 AM »
Thanks Maren,
I'll keep them at room temperature then (makes life a lot easier).
Andrew

Victoria, Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal