We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: G.plicatus ‘Audrey Vockins’  (Read 1265 times)

David Lowndes

G.plicatus ‘Audrey Vockins’
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:10:43 AM »
I think Audrey Vockins was/is something to do with Foxgrove plants, which is the nearest local Snowdrop nursery to me. Always enjoy a visit. So I was puzzled when leafing through Gunter Waldorf’s book this morning, as you do, to see ‘Gunter’s Geist’ (‘Audrey Vockins’). The photo looks like Photos of ‘Audrey Vockins’ elsewhere. Can anyone shed any light on this? Two names not allowed! Also, can it be obtained?

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
Re: G.plicatus ‘Audrey Vockins’
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:11:25 AM »
David you will find the answer here I think.

http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=15063.msg372061#msg372061

One of the major flaws of the dreaded FB is that you cannot easily search for things.  Here on Scottish Rock if you go to the Search engine you can search for Audrey Vockins and see all comments on previous threads, and often a picture too.  If you are looking for something in particular you can also narrow it down to just looking in the Galanthus section.  Much better than Facebook!!
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

David Lowndes

Re: G.plicatus ‘Audrey Vockins’
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:24:35 AM »
Thanks Brian. Don’t use FB, don’t get it!
I’ll stop asking questions and use the search then. Next time I see Joe Sherman I’ll ask him which drop he named as Audrey Vockins in the end. Can’t say I’ve noticed it on his sales tables.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal