We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology / Holder Perner catalogue and mailing list  (Read 2440 times)

Corrado & Rina

Dear all,

We have been trying to get on Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology's mailing list and to get a catalogue for a couple of years at least now, but we have been unsuccessful. Our email are unanswered, and we did not receive anything back. Anyone who is able to help?

Regards

Corrado & Rina
Corrado & Rina

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Out of sheer curiosity I read the article on Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology here http://botanyboy.org/hengduan-mountains-biotechnology-a-china-based-orchid-plant-nursery/ .  I presume you have already tried and failed with the email addresses given right at the bottom? 
Almost in Scotland.

Corrado & Rina

Out of sheer curiosity I read the article on Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology here http://botanyboy.org/hengduan-mountains-biotechnology-a-china-based-orchid-plant-nursery/ .  I presume you have already tried and failed with the email addresses given right at the bottom? 

Yes, of course, I have been following Botany Boy for quite a few years now for all things orchid related. We also tried through the Hengduan website and any other email we could find over the last two years.
Corrado & Rina

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
Hi,

this is the email address I use to correspond with Wenqing Perner:

info@hengduanbiotech.com

It worked last time I used it.

If you want to look at their latest catalogue, you can find it in the Links section on my website.
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

Corrado & Rina

Dear Maren,

Thanks for the link to the catalogue!!!!

The plants they have are very interesting. I was hoping for a more extensive selection .... do you know if this is normally their full range selection? Do you know whether they have more in the seedlings? (e.g. franchetii, froschii, shanxiense, subtropicum ....)

The email was one of those I used.

Regards
Corrado & Rina

SteveC2

Franchetti and shanxiense are both on the current Laneside list.  I have never seen subtropicum on any retail list, but wow!  I can see why you would like one but dare not ask what price it would command.

Nova

• Formerly known as Khadija
sales@hengduanbiotech.com worked for me too, I received an answer from Wenqing yesterday.
They will send a price list soon and will be at the Dresden Orchid Show in March 2015.
Pre-ordering is possible, plants will send from Germany if you can't attend the show.
Orchids are like accessories, a woman can never have enough...

Corrado & Rina

Dear Maren, Khadija,

Thank to you both.

I have sent another email to both addresses let's see how it goes .... :)

Regards

Corrado
Corrado & Rina

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
Hi,

just had another reply from Wenqing Perner, which came from :
info@hengduanbiotech.com
It's definitely working. :)

Corrado & Rina

Still no answers here .... I am worried our emails are actually going into spam (we had a similar experience in the past) .... I have even tried from several different email addresses. If I send you my email address over pm, would you be able to send it over to Wenqing, and ask her to contact us back, Maren? We have been trying since 2013, it is quite frustrating.

Regards

Corradp
Corrado & Rina

Corrado & Rina

Re: Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology / Holder Perner catalogue and mailing list
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
Hi,

info@hengduanbiotech.com

Still no answer! I am wondering whether our emails are simply going into spam, we had a similar situation once. Yet we tried all the different emails. I have just found the first email from 2013: it was sent on 02/05/2013 for the winter 2013 .... from that moment onward is a succession of emails.

Maren, would you be so kind to pass on to Wenqing our email address? I can post it to you over PM. I would be extremely grateful! It is so very frustrating ....

Best,

Corrado

Corrado & Rina

Corrado & Rina

Re: Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology / Holder Perner catalogue and mailing list
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »
Hi,

info@hengduanbiotech.com

Got an answer from Wenqing! Thanks for your help .... unfortunately they only have two species left (flavum, tibeticum), and not the ones I am interested in ....  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ .... but at least I am now on their mailing list!

Regards
Corrado & Rina

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
Hi,

I just received a new list of plants which Holger is willing to bring to the Orchid Show in Dresden March 2015, but you'd have to order them upfront. The only drawback for some of you, it's in German. But the pictures speak for themselves.
If you want to see it, go to the Links section on my Website.

Tim Harberd

Hi Maren,
   Thank you so much for hosting Holger’s list on your website. That is the finest range of Paphs I’ve ever seen.

Tim DH

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
Thank you Tim, they do appeal to the sophisticated collector.  ;) ;) ;)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal