We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Shares in Trichoderma powder offered  (Read 2963 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Shares in Trichoderma powder offered
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »
I'm ordering some Trichoderma powder to dose up my plants, and have a surplus to offer at cost price plus postage to you.
It works out at £10.11 for 50g plus postage from me to you. I have 200g surplus to offer.
TRIANUM APPLICATION RATE
Cultivation in soil and substrate in rows, or at lower crop density, where plants are more widely spaced (vegetables, soft fruit, ornamentals, perennials and arboriculture):
Apply TRIANUM-P directly after planting, at a dose of 30 grams per 1,000 pots (suspended in 100 litres of water).
Apply TRIANUM-P at half dose (15 grams per 1,000 pots) if plants were treated during the propagation stage.
Repeat the treatment with TRIANUM-P every 10-12 weeks or after re-potting into larger containers, also using half the dose.

30g in 1000 pots
30g in 100L
3g in 10L (watering can) should do 100 pots ie 100ml per pot
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
  • faster than a speeding...... snowdrop
Re: Shares in Trichoderma powder offered
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:27:03 PM »
Put me down for a 50gm share please, Anne. I'll take two shares if you don't get enough takers for it all, but for now I'll just say one share in case others want some.
Martin Baxendale, Gloucestershire, UK.

Margaret

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:29:01 PM »
Hi Anne

I would like to try 50g TRIANUM-P. Hoping for great things! Let me know the cost of postage.

Thanks
Margaret
Margaret
Greenwich

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:21:47 AM »
Meaning no offence to Anne, you can buy a 30g sachet of

GROW BOOST plant strengthener is a water soluble beneficial fungus concentrate, containing the fungi; Trichoderma harzianum T-22

here http://www.dragonfli.co.uk/product/ps-02 for £2 plus postage (which from memory is rather more than £2).  I have no idea how this compares with Anne's product but nominally it is much the same thing,  You are supposed to dilute the 30g in 32l of water.  Anne's is 30g in 100l so that might imply it is about three times more concentrated.

Note that nominally Grow Boost has quite a short use-by date; about 3 months I think.  Anne's is four months and needs to be stored below 10°C to achieve this.

By the way, see this thread http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=6697.0 for why Trichoderma is a good thing.

Edited to insert missing link.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:40:27 PM by Alan_b »
Almost in Scotland.

Gerry Webster

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 09:47:03 AM »
I recently bought some 'Grow Boost' on EBay. The price was £1.99 per packet + £0.75 P &P. The seller sent 2 extra packets free of charge. Rather meanly,  perhaps, I am wondering whether it is past its sell-by date - there is no info. on the packet
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 12:38:38 PM »
Yes, Gerry, my 'Grow Boost' packet says PS02 but there is no explicit date information.  Dragonfli, who sell 'Grow Boost' had a stand at the Hampton Court Flower Show this year so if they keep attending such shows we may be able to ask in person about this.
Almost in Scotland.

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
All shares now taken, unless anyone wants to change their mind.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Gerry Webster

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »

Note that nominally Grow Boost has quite a short use-by date; about 3 months I think.  Anne's is four months and needs to be stored below 10°C to achieve this.
Edited to insert missing link.
Alan - where did you find this information? I can't find any info. on the storage requirements of either  'Grow Boost' or 'Trianum-P'. I've put my recent purchase (also marked PS 02) in the bottom of the fridge.
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.

Gerry Webster

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »
I emailed Dragonfli about the storage of 'Grow Boost'. This is their reply:

"Keep it somewhere cool, even in fridge is ok and use within 3 months".

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
Shelf life of Trianum-P stated at the bottom of the page, here: http://www.trianum.com/en/products/trianum-p.html
Almost in Scotland.

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »
I have a new batch of Trianum powder to share if anyone wants some. Works out at £10 for 50g (plus postage from me to you), but you can have less if you want. I have 300g to share.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Graeme

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
I will need to look this one up - I tend to use SUPERTHRIVE when I am repotting anything that is sick and on other things when they are in growth

Sometimes use GA3 as well on very stubborn seeds when I get fed up with them - at that stage you find out if they are actually viable or not
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

annew

• Daff as a brush
Shares in Trichoderma powder offered
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 07:55:05 AM »
I've a new batch of trichoderma to share. I have 300g available, at £10 per 50g, plus postage from me to you. You can have less or more than 100g depending on how many want shares.
TRIANUM APPLICATION RATE
Cultivation in soil and substrate in rows, or at lower crop density, where plants are more widely spaced (vegetables, soft fruit, ornamentals, perennials and arboriculture):
Apply TRIANUM-P directly after planting, at a dose of 30 grams per 1,000 pots (suspended in 100 litres of water).
Apply TRIANUM-P at half dose (15 grams per 1,000 pots) if plants were treated during the propagation stage.
Repeat the treatment with TRIANUM-P every 10-12 weeks or after re-potting into larger containers, also using half the dose.

30g in 1000 pots
30g in 100L
3g in 10L (watering can) should do 100 pots ie 100ml per pot

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 06:09:12 AM »
I've never really been clear about the best time to apply trichoderma or how long it is effective for once applied.  It seems to need humus but once established it is a living organism so I can see no benefit in repeating the treatment after 10-12 weeks except to guard against the possibility that previous doses did not take.  Do you have any insight, Anne?   
Almost in Scotland.

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 03:14:47 PM »
Hi Alan, it may be as you say, but also the organism dies if allowed to dry out, or if it gets too cold. So, for instance, I would reapply to pots that have been dried for a summer dormancy, or which were treated in the autumn then have gone through the winter. Maybe it's so that it can get to work quickly when the plant is potted on? Hope this helps.

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal