We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: BBC TV Programme- Brian Mathew  (Read 5261 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: BBC TV Programme- Brian Mathew
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
Beechgrove Garden programme returns at 7:30pm on Thursday 3rd April on BBC2 Scotland and on Sunday 6th April on BBC2 network.  No word of programme content yet.  I'll contact Carole Baxter to ask if she has any definite news of Dunblane footage. 

Carole got right back to me :
 ".........All fine and looking forward to another series of Beechgrove. The feature from SRGC from Dunblane
(I really enjoyed my day!) will go out on the first programme Thursday 3rd April 7.30pm BBC2 Scotland and repeated Sunday 6th April BBC2 network, time to be confirmed. "

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 01:55:22 PM »
'The Quest for the Rose' by Roger Phillips and Martyn Rix. I have this book too (from 1993! quite a while ago). It covers a lot more ground than just China and especially looks back to the history of the rose. A partnership between two people, both so brilliant at what they do, is pretty rare, but it is that really solid and strongly researched base which results in such fine television. So it looks like we are going to have to sit down and write something of the same quality about alpine gardening and then persuade some enlightened producers and film companies to get behind a programme of this sort. The big difference is that roses are universally popular, highly bred and grown and very romantic. Alpines are tiny little jewels that few people ever see, nearly impossible to grow and come from cold, windswept and inhospitable places only of interest to Wainwright and a few mountaineers, and grown in little pots at obscure Alpine Shows! Which of the emoticons should I add here?
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »
Which of the emoticons should I add here?

I think this is the one that sums it up, Tim....

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 04:23:57 PM »
Speaking of old programmes does anyone else remember the BBC 4 series on apples?  I remember it too being very interesting, especially the part about the history of Golden Delicious...
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 10:36:02 PM »
So it looks like we are going to have to sit down and write something of the same quality about alpine gardening and then persuade some enlightened producers and film companies to get behind a programme of this sort.
Go for it Tim! Surely we have some freelance producers in the ranks who know how to get started with something like this.  Come to think about it we must have a budding presenter somewhere too.......
Richard Green - Balfron Station, West Central Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal