We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Terrestrial Orchid Forum  (Read 2460 times)

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
    • The Hardy Orchid Society
Terrestrial Orchid Forum
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »
I have been asked a few times about the Terrestrial Orchid Forum that I know a lot you visit, I have received this reply from Fred. 

Hi Neil,
the forum software was compromised during an attack. I had to disable the forum and gallery to avoid a complete takeover of the server. I then had the laborious job of checking the software for backdoors that might have been hidden during the intrusion (found nothing so far) and checking the database to see if they got their hands on anything (again no signs of that either). The forum software has to be upgraded and that's a pain, it takes time and I have little of that at the moment.
Sorry for the inconvenience but it's one guy against an Eastern European group who seems to be very determined.
Fred

So we will have to be patient
Interested in Hardy Orchids then join The Hardy Orchid Society
Wanted Hardy Orchid Seed please pm me if you have some that you can spare
Sussex, England, UK Zone 9a

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Terrestrial Orchid Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:04:36 PM »
Thanks for keeping the orchid buffs informed, Neil.

So sad that there are such attacks to cause mayhem.  :'( I hope the TOF is soon restored.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

LarsB

• The Fearless One
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »
Thank you for the update. I did wonder what had happened.
Lars in Roedovre, Denmark.

K Andrzejewski

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »
Last time I visited this forum, one Eastern European wanted to start commercial orchid nursery for salep production. Honestly twice I could not believe what I see - first time because of this above, second time because forum owner agree with this crazy idea. So I think that other Eastern European in the name of our Honour want to clear this story.
Kristof
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:21:35 PM by K Andrzejewski »

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal