We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Jeffersonia dubia 'Alba'  (Read 2134 times)

kalle-k.dk

• Karl Kristensen's Garden
Jeffersonia dubia 'Alba'
« on: October 09, 2012, 03:20:28 PM »
I have been looking for Jeffersonia dubia 'Alba' in long time, if there are anyone who can offer me a plant I can offer different plants in exchange. I have Jeffesonia diphylla already.
Karl Kristensen
Denmark. www.kalle-k.dk

Magnar

• Magnar's Arctic Alpines and Perennials
Re: Jeffersonia dubia 'Alba'
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »
I got a plant this spring. It didn't flower, but has grown well, so I hope it will flower and set seeds next year. If so I will be most happy to send you some seeds.
Magnar in Harstad, North Norway

Magnar's Arctic Alpines and Perennials:
http://magnar.aspaker.no

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:35:20 PM »
Karl,

I think a white version of dubia would be lovely.  The normal is very uncommon here in Aus as far as I am aware.  I have finally put a couple out in the ground and they're doing well, but my other ones growing in my shadehouse are dropping seed into the other pots each year now.  Not exactly a weed, but it is funny to find something so unusual popping up in all the surrounding pots at the moment.  ;D

Good luck with getting the white one. 
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

kalle-k.dk

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
Magna I hope your Jeffersonia will bloom next year.

Paul the white form is also very rare here in Europe and the blue ordinary Jeffesonia dubia is not a plant there is commonly seen here in Denmark.
Karl Kristensen
Denmark. www.kalle-k.dk

Jonny_SE

• Some pics of my garden etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:58:44 PM »
If you don't got it by June i can take one with me when i visit Denmark...i think that i  in a weak moment  :D even promised you a Lilium souliei too  and i bring that one also if it has survived this hard Winter...//Jonny
Before I speak, I have something important to say "Groucho Marx"

https://www.facebook.com/jonny.andresen.9

kalle-k.dk

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 07:17:09 AM »
Jonny; What a surprise THANK YOU!
You are very welcome to visit me and my wife, who is also interested in plants especially Hepatica. Today the sun is shining but the wind is cold and the ground is still frozen, hope spring start next week, where they say there will again be + degrees
Karl Kristensen
Denmark. www.kalle-k.dk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal