We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulb Log 06/02/13  (Read 1171 times)

YT

• Twitter
Bulb Log 06/02/13
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:52:20 PM »
We both are asking for the moon SUN ;) Your winter - wet and weak sunbeam, or our summer - humid and deadly heat ;D ;D ;D
I can grow hoop petticoats outside bench but many alpines especially from higher altitude :'(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:50:06 PM by YT »
Tatsuo Y
By the Pacific coast, central part of main island, Japan

Gerry Webster

Re: Bulb Log 06/02/13
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »
Ian - 7 degrees further south is no help with Bulbocodiums; some are very floppy here, worse than usual this year.

By the way, I thought the photos in the recent log were particularly fine - even better than your usual high standards. A new camera or just good light?
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
Re: Bulb Log 06/02/13
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »
Tatsuo  I  have the answer I will buy a big old cargo boat and build a garden on the deck then we can sail north or south depending on the season ;)

Thank you for the compliment Gerry. I am using the same camera the only difference is the light has been so poor I have been using flash to fill in. I use the zoom so the flash is not too close and I reduce the flash to 2/3 power.

Ian
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal