We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus March 2024  (Read 3051 times)

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
Re: Galanthus March 2024
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2024, 07:42:38 AM »
Please post a link to your next snowdrop video here so I don't miss it.

I will. :) Snow is now melting fast, but this week will be cold again and even more snow is in the forecast. So nothing much will be happening now but this is still the best time. :)

Leena,  beautiful video! Thanks for making it.
It is also nice to see snowdrops in combination with snow.

Thanks Herman. There wasn't yet much to see, but every day something new will come up.  :)
Leena from south of Finland

Mariette

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2024, 05:26:27 PM »
I miss the snow, in this warm winter and I am glad of your snow, Leena!
The last snowdrop in my garden, as of today.

Galanthus platyphyllus

Maybe the last, but certainly a most exquisite one!  :)

@ Leena: I´m glad You may enjoy snowdrops in Your garden now! I like Your G. trojanus and ´Trinity´, especially.

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2024, 05:35:30 PM »
@ Leena: I´m glad You may enjoy snowdrops in Your garden now! I like Your G. trojanus and ´Trinity´, especially.

Thank you. :) We had couple of really good days with snowdrops and other plants coming up fast, you could almost see them grow, but then cold hit again, and there is bit of setback. We call it takatalvi which means back winter. Almost every year winter tries to come back after spring is almost here. It will warm up again next week. :)

'Trinity' has been a very good snowdrop here, it increases well. G.trojanus has been slower, but hasn't minded  the cold even though it seems a bit early variety.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal