We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Crocuses in June - pots  (Read 4882 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Crocuses in June - pots
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »
They certainly look like niveus and a very nice form too, with strongly lilac outer petals. My so-called "lilac" form is just barely coloured, very nearly white.

I nearly PM'ed you to offer you a corm when they go dormant and then I remembered your customs restrictions :-\

A lovely thought Calvin. As it happens, we can bring in dormant crocus corms but only from a few countries and if from SA I think it would have to quarantine. Besides, the paper work is HORRENDOUS!!!!! I have my niveus from Tasmania and will, gradually, get a decent lilac I hope.

The last couple of warm (one very warm) days have brought on some of my early spring crocuses and especially the one above, Cr. biflorus alexandri. Need to weed thoroughly before I take pics though. :-[
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal