We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC Seed Exchange 2023-2024  (Read 4351 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
SRGC Seed Exchange 2023-2024
« on: August 21, 2023, 12:35:58 PM »
SRGC  77th Seed Exchange
We encourage all members to collect and donate seed to our Seed Exchange.  We still need help to manage the seed packeting volunteers, please email seed@srgc.net if you can assist.

All details:
https://www.srgc.net/welcome_seed_exchange.asp

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
Re: SRGC Seed Exchange 2023-2024
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 02:53:12 PM »
Seed imports INTO the UK do now need Phytosanitary Certificates. We have updated the instructions on our website with details of the NEW procedure for Winter 2023.
See the new details here: https://www.srgc.net/add-seed-donations.asp
Many thanks Marc!

Richard
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 01:58:30 PM by Maggi Young »
Richard Green - Balfron Station, West Central Scotland

bainbridges

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 03:16:11 PM »
Hello all

just to say that today we have put information on the SRGC website at https://www.srgc.net/add-seed-donations.asp  for seed donors from the USA, Canada, Germany, Austria and Czechia.  If members wish to, they can send seed to a country coordinator who will arrange for the necessary phytosanitary certificate to get the seed to us.  Full instructions are on the page.

Ian & Carole Bainbridge
Seed reception Managers

MarcR

Re: SRGC Seed Donations from USA 2023-2024
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 11:04:49 PM »
Richard,

SRGC offers so much with helpful information and opportunity to dialog with fellow gardeners, and the seed exchange; that it is a pleasure to give something back!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 02:00:34 PM by Maggi Young »
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Tomte

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 08:06:21 PM »
Dear Ian and Carol,
This is good news indeed, and many thanks to Katharina !
Tom S.
Upper Bavaria close to Munich, on 700 m

Catwheazle

• USDA zone 6a
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 05:16:55 PM »
Many thanks to Katharina. Unfortunately I read the post too late and have already distributed some seeds privately. (or not collected). I want to see if I can still get a little together and then send it to her. Next year I'll be smarter ;-)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 05:35:05 PM by Catwheazle »
Si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil» Cicero, Ad Familiares IX,4

Mariette

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 07:52:25 AM »
Yes, many thanks to Katharina and all the volunteers of SRGC for their efforts to keep the international exchange going!

MarcR

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2023, 10:11:18 AM »
I set an early deadline for US & Canadian donations not wanting to be buried under a mountain of last minute typing.  I am caught up with the paperwork; so I am extending the deadline to 10/20.
If you want to donate; but, the early deadline was holding you back, feel free to send your lists until 10/20.
Clean seed must arrive by 10/30 for an 11/02 inspection  [seed with debris should arrive by 10/15 to allow time for processing]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 10:19:34 AM by MarcR »
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2023, 09:51:49 PM »
Unfortunately I've come very late to this page, so only now learned that a phytosanitary cert is needed this year for seed donations from EU countries.

The Irish authority issuing certs (Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine) requires 14 days notice.  Realistically therefore it's too late for me to act as a collection point for donations from other EU countries not covered by Katharina.

Is any other EU forumist able to do this?  If so then I'll send you my seeds early next week, but otherwise can't donate this year :'( 
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

bainbridges

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 01:19:27 PM »
Hi Ashley

We've had no other volunteers, I'm afraid.  if it's simple for you to do so, it would be good to know how much the Irish authorities would charge for a phyto.  Also, remember that the seed can arrive after 31.10 if we have a list from you of what is being sent, if that frees  matters up a little.

All very frustrating we know, but there's nothing we can do about the new regs in the UK.

bainbridges

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 05:50:15 PM »
 Hello to all our EU members and possible donors.

We are delighted to say that Ashley Allshire from Ireland has offered to coordinate seed from all EU members except Germany, Austria and Czechia (which are coordinated by Katharina Briese - see the webpage below) and to obtain the necessary phyto certificate for sending the seed to us.

To participate in the arrangement, first, you must, please, Email seed@srgc.net and Ashley at aallshire8@gmail.com with a list of your seed donations by 15th October 2023. This will enable Ashley to prepare a list for the phytosanitary certificate, and will enable us to ensure that your seed donations appear in the seed list.

Please send your clean, dry seed (no wet packs please) by 15th October 2023 to: Ashley Allshire, Leemount Cottage, Coachford, Co. Cork  P12 XT54, Ireland.

Please check for any further details on the SRGC Seed website Scottish Rock Garden Club - Seed Exchange - Seed Donations (srgc.net) before you finalise your package.   www.srgc.net/add-seed-donations.asp

We hope this arrangement will enable you to continue to contribute to the SRGC Seed Exchange, and please do be assured that we will continue to be able to send seed to you from the exchange.

With best wishes

Ian & Carole Bainbridge
SRGC Seed Reception

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2023, 01:30:49 PM »
For SRGC Members : the  77th SRGC seedlist is on the website. You need to log in as a member to view it. Please note that Ordering does not start until December.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2023, 07:11:20 AM »
The SRGC Seed Distribution is NOW OPEN for members' orders between 1 December and 5 January.
Paper seed lists are ONLY mailed to UK members.
Members Log in to obtain seedlist and order https://www.srgc.net/loginform.asp

To order, you should Login to this website (top right of the screen on main webpage srgc.net ) and set a password if necessary,
Then click on the Seed Exchange | Seed List tab to view the list and information about it, and on Seed Orders to make seed selections and pay.

The last date for placing orders will be midnight (GMT) on Friday 05 January 2024.

Véronique Macrelle

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 10:12:14 AM »
I've already placed my order! It was quick and easy, as I was able to go through the list and make my choices the week before  ;D.

a big thank you to the whole team  :D

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2023, 10:15:58 AM »
My order is also done, and I want to thank all the donators and people working to make this happen!  :)
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal