Bulbs > Ian Young's Bulb Log - Feedback Forum

Monthly Bulb Log 2023

(1/10) > >>

Ian Y:
The Bulb Log will now appear just once a month here is January's issue featuring Narcissus, Galanthus, Cyclamen and moss.

https://www.srgc.net/documents/bulb%20logs/230118105020BULB%20LOG%200123.pdf

Ian Y:
February sees the garden waking from its winter slumber with the appearance of Eranthis, Galantus, Crocus, Narcissus all featuring in this Bulb Log a few others are also showing their intentions along with a brief discussion on sensations - click the link to reveal all.

https://www.srgc.net/documents/bulb%20logs/230215110351BULB%20LOG%200223.pdf

MarcR:
Here in the mid-Willamette valley of Oregon, we have been getting a lot of arctic air; which is keeping temperatures in the 30s and 40s F. (-1 to 7.5 C).
My Galanthus and Crocus are showing green shoots; but, no flowers yet. My Eranthus have not yet broken grounnd. I have Erica, Primula, and Cyclamen in bloom; and Ferraria and Iris crestata in bud.

Robert:
Hi Ian,

I am definitely not an artist and struggle with beauty and design in our garden. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your insights. Crafting something beautiful in this world is so very important to me. Thank you again for helping me, and most likely many others, along this worthy path.

I have always been aware of the feeling in my feet as I walk in the garden. Why is the feeling of warm summertime earth on my bare feet in the garden so visceral and agreeable? Why do certain scents of foliage say “home”, “California” to me? Through all of this (the totality of our gardening activities) it seems that we can all create a small piece of paradise. Sharing our gardens with others can help expand the borders of paradise beyond their current limits.

Ian Y:
Thanks for your comments Marc and Robert it is always good to hear from you.

Even within Scotland there is a big difference in when plants come into flower a few weeks ago we were seeing images of what is now flowering here while others, like you Marc, are still waiting.

Robert our gardens reflect our own creativity and influences and without doubt my main influence is nature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version