We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC seed exchange in 2022/2023  (Read 7051 times)

MarcR

Re: SRGC seed exchange in 2022/2023
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2023, 06:48:14 PM »
My first choice order arrived yesterday. Thanks to all involved! Half of my random picks are still not here.
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2023, 10:54:11 AM »
Our phytosanitary-certificated seeds have now arrived in Australia, and our helpful members Viv & Ray Condon have mailed out envelopes of seed orders to all of our Australian members from their home in Melbourne today.

Many thanks to all involved with making this happen!
Richard Green - Balfron Station, West Central Scotland

Joe S.

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2023, 04:11:48 PM »
Seed orders arrived on March 17th after clearing phytosanitary inspection in Seattle.  Several species have already germinated under the grow lights!  Many thanks to those responsible for donating, processing and mailing the seeds  :)

MarcR

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2023, 03:16:27 AM »
The last envelope containing 1/2 my random choices arrived yesterday. Once again, Thanks to all involved in making it happen.
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2023, 11:25:24 AM »
Our phytosanitary-certificated seeds have now arrived in Australia, and our helpful members Viv & Ray Condon have mailed out envelopes of seed orders to all of our Australian members from their home in Melbourne today.

Many thanks to all involved with making this happen!
Viv hand delivered our seed allocation at our March meeting of the AGS Vic Group on Saturday!
Thanks for all the work.
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Neil J

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2023, 11:44:10 AM »
Received my seed in Tasmania today.
Thanks to the team in Scotland & to Viv in Australia.
A much valued job done well.
Neil

Catwheazle

• USDA zone 6a
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2023, 01:48:20 PM »
Hello, I actually wanted to send seeds again this year, (for 2023/2024) but today I had to be instructed
by the post office that shipments of goods (=seeds) both in the EU and in Germany are only allowed for
commercial senders. For private it must be declared as a parcel or package. (Package Germany: €3.99; EU: €5.99 and €8.99 + phytosanitary certificate.).
Of course that makes things very difficult and I hope that there might be a collective address in Germany or Austria (since I live near the border)?
Greetings
Bernd
Si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil» Cicero, Ad Familiares IX,4

bainbridges

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2023, 07:23:50 PM »
Hi Bernd

We are still working out what we might be able to do this year with seed from outside the UK.  It is the case that all seed imports will need a phyto. certificate, and we may need to have some form of importer permit, but this is not yet clear.  We do not know of any new issues or restrictions over the posting of seed; this may be to do with the German Post Office regulations rather than anything to do with the UK.

As soon as we have clarifications, we will put information on the seed exchange area of the SRGC Website.  Sorry we cannot be more certain just now.

Ian Bainbridge
SRGC Seed Reception

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal