We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Galanthus / Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Last post by Villu on Today at 09:19:12 PM »
And some more:

720862-0
'Susan Grimshaw'

720864-1
'Trimmer'

720866-2
'Trympostor'

720868-3
'Wendy's Gold'

720870-4
'Veronica Cross'

Who ever is more interested in my plants and in my garden, can check out my blog at http://tistoupaevaraamat.blogspot.com/ It is in Estonian but pictures are international! ;)
« Last post by Villu on Today at 09:13:50 PM »
Some more:

720852-0
'Moreton Mill'

720854-1
'Ophelia'

720856-2
'Pat Mason'

720858-3
'Rosemary Burnham'

720860-4
'Spindlestone Surprise'
« Last post by Villu on Today at 09:09:38 PM »
To finish off the month and our snowdrop season here, I share some of the best performers from this year. Hope you'll enjoy!

720842-0
'Bill Bishop'

720844-1
'Blonde Inge'

720846-2
'Cowhouse Green'

720848-3
'Don Armstrong'

720850-4
'E.A.  Bowles'
« Last post by Villu on Today at 08:26:37 PM »
Thank you Mariette!  :) You are right, 'Marjorie Brown' is with Chionoscilla allenii. Wonderful deep blue bulb. A lot better than Scilla bifolia which is believed to be one of the parents.
Fuchsia regia ssp regia is a "rampant liana" according to a note I made.

I have an old Fuchsia regia ssp. reitzii but it is only about one metre high, much smaller than my magellanica. Stiff stems, defintely not a liana.  I can't remember where I bought it, but it seems mis-named.
First Clematis hirsutissima in flower today, also Cassiope lycopodioides.

My first sighting of an Osprey this year, I only noticed it because noisy gulls were mobbing it.
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: Paeonia 2024
« Last post by Jürg P on Today at 08:39:32 AM »
Thanks Leena and Gail.
@Leena: That would be great, if you could send me in autumn some seeds of your P. veitchii; thanks.

I have clay in my garden and for me it looked like that is the reason why P. veitchii is not doing well here. It was more or less in full sun, but I would like to try in future in semi-shade and in a mixture of clay and compost earth; hopefully it would like this more.

The P. emodi shows no sign of botrytis (I have anyhow only few locations where I can see probably some botrytis damage, as normally I eliminate the dead material of the Peonies). The flower buds of P. emodi actually do not shrivel or get brown for very long; they just stay at the same size for months and green. I try this year to fertilize more (I actually did not fertilize in the past years, but there are about 8 stems, so a real mature plant).

It is always surprising that some people have problems with some plants while others do not have them, but they have problems with other plants which others (i.e. the some people) do not have. It is probably a kind of mixture of environment (earth, temperature, nutrients, water, sun) and care of the garden owner. Most of the environment one can influence by changing place or earth, watering or fertilizing. The care one certainly can change, but strangely, the more and care the less some plants like it.

Does anybody of you know the name of the following cultivar (I got it under the name of 'Quing Long Wo Mo Chi'); the flowers are most time double, but sometimes also only semi-double as seen on one of the 2 pictures? The plant itself only gets to a height of around 40cm, but I really like the flowers especially when they are only semi-double.
Hi Diane,
Deer are a major problem in lots of parts of Australia but fortunately they aren't in this area - yet!
More autumn flowers:
1) A white crocus, possibly Crocus niveus
2) Narcissus deficiens
3) close up
4) Crocus possibly longiflorus
5) Narcissus 'First Stanza' which was eaten the next day >:(
cheers
fermi
Fuchsia regia ssp. reitzii, perhaps? I bought one last autumn but didn't plant it out yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal