We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Wild Flowers of Poland  (Read 9357 times)

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
Re: Wild Flowers of Poland
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 11:32:59 PM »
Glad they are doing well Krzysztof. Mine are flowering again in the greenhouse, and I have some outside now to see how they do?
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Cephalotus

• My passion is nature.
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 09:42:52 PM »
Hello Armin,
I have got this plant from my friend from UK. It is growing only one year in my garden. Do you have the oryginal, not hybrid Primula vulgaris?
Best regards,
Chris Ciesielski
Zary, Poland

My photos: http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/cephalotus/

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 12:24:35 AM »
I like this young man! He says "When I saw my first orchid in nature I knew I must PROTECT it." Not "I knew I must HAVE it."

You have a lovely collection of photos Krzysztof. I've enjoyed them very much.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Armin

• Prized above rubies
  • Confessing Croconut
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 04:22:17 PM »
Hello Armin,
I have got this plant from my friend from UK. It is growing only one year in my garden. Do you have the oryginal, not hybrid Primula vulgaris?

Hello Krzysztof,
I keep 3 different wild Primulas in my garden. Primula vulgaris, Primula elatior and Primula veris. Primula vulgaris which is earliest I purchased original from a Rock Garden nursery. Veris & elatior I've grown from seed collected in my near environment. Veris is latest in blossom.
Every year they spread more (when the seed can ripe and falls out) and they do cross each other. Also I got other colour forms, suddenly appeared likely by outside polination from other primulas grown in the gardens nearby.

You can see some pictures I've posted under the subject "Specific Genera" "Primula" "Primulas in March 2007" and "Primulas in April 2007" of this forum.

You can be very proud of having such a wild forrest biotop neraby with so many rare wild plants.
Best wishes
Armin

Cephalotus

• My passion is nature.
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 08:15:27 PM »
Thank you Lesley for your kind words. :)

Armin, is there any chance you could send me even the tiniest plant of Primula vulgaris? Of course I will pay you for it and all costs of packaging and postage. I want to say, that new species are flowering now in my garden. That are:

Trollius europaeus

Daphne cneorum

Also my good friend have shown me today a new species he discovered. It is Pedicularis sylvatica, a protected species. It grows on wet or moist meadows as also on peat-bogs. This plant is half parasite. I don’t know exactly in which part of its growth it parasitize on roots of surrounding plants, but it sure does! It is really amazing plant. I wonder how many species more are still waiting to be discovered?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:04:06 PM by Cephalotus »
Best regards,
Chris Ciesielski
Zary, Poland

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 12:17:15 AM »
The Pedicularis is especially nice. Has anyone worked out a way to grow these plants? I seem to remember the occasional specimen on the UK show benches.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Cephalotus

• My passion is nature.
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 09:14:48 AM »
I am sure it is possible to grow this plant. It is half parasite and there isn’t specific species he parasitize on. It can be a normal grass, shrub or other plant. I think that adult plant grows like others and the parasite period is after germinating.
Best regards,
Chris Ciesielski
Zary, Poland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal