We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC Seed Exchange 2021 - 22  (Read 13784 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: SRGC Seed Exchange 2021 - 22
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2021, 09:07:52 PM »
I appreciate that many of you do not use facebook and instead rely on this site  for your  info re the Club - so I've copied the Bainbridges' photos mentioned in Ian's post, and repeat them here...

Seed collection under way here, seed drying in pots and the gold-panning sieves we use to sort the seed from the chaff

695497-1
Seed packeted and waiting to go into the exchange

695499-2
Berkheya purpurea from South Africa, grown from seed two years ago and flowering now

Seed reception bins set up and waiting in the garage

Bins for popular genera of seed, Pulsatillas filling up already
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2021, 03:10:09 PM »

Welcome to the SRGC 75th Seed Exchange 2021/22

We are very pleased to announce that over the coming winter we hope to be able to operate a near-normal 75th seed exchange for members. This will be in real contrast to the 74th, very limited, exchange, but of course it remains subject to Covid and legal restrictions which might apply over the seed exchange period.

We have been concerned that Seed Donations this coming autumn would be limited by new phytosanitary regulations, but we now understand these will not be implemented by the UK government until 2022, and so donations from outside the UK will not require phytosanitary certificates this autumn. Please do read the detailed text on seed donations below before sending seed to the exchange. Covid restrictions in the UK meant that it would have been impossible to run a normal seed exchange in 2020/21, as the seed reception, packeting and distribution processes all require teams of people to work together to complete each stage of the exchange. We hope that Covid regulations will not affect the forthcoming exchange, but we’re sure you will all recognise that we cannot predict what the circumstances will be over the coming winter.

Parts of the seed distribution will be affected by the new EU Seed Regulations, which will require phytosanitary certification for seed entering the EU from the UK. We are exploring the implications of this with the UK and Scottish authorities, and hope to be able to offer seed to EU members, including possibly Northern Ireland. We will post further information here as soon as it is available.  If there are members in EU states who might be willing to receive a bulk order of seed to despatch to other members in their country/EU, we would be pleased to hear from you (email us at: seed@srgc.org.uk).

Overseas members who do not live in the EU (apart from Japan) are unaffected by these changes; we will send seed in accordance with your country’s regulations, as advised by you.

Seed Donations (Autumn 2021)
Please send fresh clean seed as early as possible (no later than 31st October) to:

Ian and Carole Bainbridge
Luckie Harg’s,
Anwoth Road,
Gatehouse of Fleet,
Castle Douglas
DG7 2EF
UK

Late seed can be accepted if a list has been received by post or email by 31st October. The seed list will be compiled on 1st November, so late seed may not make the exchange. There are more details of the Seed Exchange in our Dryas Newsletter (July 2021) issued to all of our members.
The seed exchange is open for donation of seeds until October 31st. Seed ordering will be open from first thing (GMT) on 1st December 2021 until midnight (GMT) on 17 January 2022.

Mattb

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2021, 07:37:15 AM »
We are very pleased to announce that over the coming winter we hope to be able to operate a near-normal 75th seed exchange for members. This will be in real contrast to the 74th, very limited, exchange, but of course it remains subject to Covid and legal restrictions which might apply over the seed exchange period.

Hi Maggi,

Can you share a link to where I can download the seed donation form from?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Based in Northern Tasmania, winter minimums -12°c

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2021, 11:07:23 AM »
Hello Matt,  there is no special donation form for SRGC seed ex.

N. B. from previous post :  Seed Donations (Autumn 2021)
Please send fresh clean seed as early as possible (no later than 31st October) to Ian and Carole Bainbridge (see the Team subsection at the bottom of this item for the address). Late seed can be accepted if a list has been received by post or email by 31st October. The seed list will be compiled on 1st November, so late seed may not make the exchange.

On each packet please write the full name of the species, where it was collected (if wild), and your name or initials. Put all seed of one type in one packet, using small packets when possible (avoid big packets!). Supply a list of donated seed in alphabetical order. Note your email, phone number and membership number in case we have queries, and provide comments on any new or rare seed.

Mattb

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2021, 12:39:20 AM »
Hello Matt,  there is no special donation form for SRGC seed ex.

That's great, thanks Maggi.
Based in Northern Tasmania, winter minimums -12°c

Véronique Macrelle

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2021, 10:30:16 AM »
Oh ! If I understood correctly living in Europe, we cannot have surplus seeds! :(

It’s very difficult for me to restrict myself to 25 packages. Here I am a little frustrated! As much as I wanted to offer some for a sowing workshop in a small local association.

finally, this exchange exists again, and it is already a lot! thank you all for your dedication. :) :)

DaveM

• Doctor Rock
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2021, 12:40:26 PM »
Yes, Veronique, you understand correctly and we're really sorry for this inconvenience. As a result of our leaving the EU, the requirement for phytosanitary certificates has complicated arrangements, so we've reluctantly had to restrict orders made by our members who live in the EU to the Main distribution only. We hope that, if all goes well this year, we will be able to allow surplus orders once again next year.

Please also note that we are only able to send bulbils, bulblets, cormlets etc (i.e. 'live material') to members living in Scotland, Wales and England. These taxa are marked by a symbol in the printed list and by 'L' in the online list.
Dave Millward, East Lothian, Scotland

ian mcdonald

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2021, 02:52:01 PM »
Has the seed list gone out yet?

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2021, 04:46:02 PM »
Hi Ian.  If you go to the SRGC Main Site (link top right) then login, you'll find it under the drop-down menu Seed Exchange > Seedlist.
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2021, 05:19:16 PM »
Hi Ian.  If you go to the SRGC Main Site (link top right) then login, you'll find it under the drop-down menu Seed Exchange > Seedlist.

As Ashley says, the seedlist is now online for SRGC Members 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:50:10 PM by Maggi Young »

wooden shoe

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2021, 09:15:33 PM »
So the seedlist is already available but online ordering is not possible yet, but will be possible from 1 December. And EU members cannot order surplus seeds. That is a bit of a dissapointment.
As we cannot attend the activivities, the seed exchange is at least an activity where we can join in. But this year not so much as British members, hopefully it will be better next year. I am happy for at least the main order, thank you for everyone who made the seed exchange possible.
Rob - central Nederland Zone 7b

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2021, 07:16:14 AM »
Just done my seed order - thanks everyone involved! One problem - I was unable to enter numbers into the "extra numbers" section which would not accept any input.

Paul
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2021, 08:29:51 AM »
I have been able to make up my order including the extra numbers but it has stalled at the payment page. I've clicked deliver to membership address but then clicking the 'next' button doesn't do anything.
Will try again after work.
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2021, 09:01:24 AM »
Just done my seed order - thanks everyone involved! One problem - I was unable to enter numbers into the "extra numbers" section which would not accept any input.

Paul
Hi Paul,
I found the same thing but if I clicked the "Show Seedlist" button under the "Extras" grid it allowed me to choose extra numbers,
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2021, 11:03:27 AM »
My seed order (only main) is done, and everything went well and fast. No problems at all. :)
Very interesting list and many plants from my wishlist, especially Corydalis and Meconopsis. Thank you all so much.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal