We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulbs  (Read 644 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Bulbs
« on: March 16, 2021, 07:23:12 PM »
Could anyone give my Brother a hand and ID these bulbs please? I'm hopeless at this but I did think about Ipheion or perhaps Daffs?  Many thanks.

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Tristan_He

Re: Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 07:38:59 PM »
Bluebells maybe?

Carolyn

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 07:45:44 PM »
Ah, Tristan, you just beat me to it! I was about to say that they look suspiciously like bluebells. David, if your brother washes the soil off one of the bulbs and sees that the roots come out of the sides of the bulb and not just from the bottom, that’s a tell-tale sign. Also, looking at the depth these bulbs were growing, that makes me think bluebell too.
Carolyn McHale
Gardening in Kirkcudbright

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 09:00:01 AM »
Many thanks Carolyn and Tristan.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal