General Subjects > Blogs and Diaries

Blog 661 - Starting a New Garden Life

<< < (2/30) > >>

sippa:

I like your new house Leslie.  Good luck with all the changes you are planning.

Marianne

Maggi Young:
I agree that the new house looks very nice and the garden is in neat condition yet ripe for development to your needs.  I bet February arrives at superfast speed!

Lesley Cox:
Thankyou so much everyone, for your interest and support.

Tim I hadn't thought of a sand bed but that idea is a good one which I'll look at further. The to-be-a-rockgarden above is the smaller of the two and maybe would be the place to start. In any case, sand, compost and other stuff will have to be brought in to make some height and while I had been thinking crevice garden, am not sure of my own abilities in this direction, so we'll see.

As to what - trees, perennials of course but alpines and irises in quantity and anything else that takes my fancy including a rather large collection of smallish bulbs. I'll have a place for a native rock garden too.

More about the house and garden in our next exciting episode. ;D

Leon:

--- Quote from: Lesley Cox on December 03, 2012, 08:27:29 PM ---December 4th 2012

Blog 661

... decided we had to move from our 2 acres. They were too much for us, part of what our Govt refers to as “the rapidly aging population” as if to blame us for living longer than pensionable age.  ...

--- End quote ---

The key word may be 'rapidly'.  My wife and I are on 10 acres and I keep thinking its time to downsize.  It is taking some time for the wife to come around to my way of thinking.  But then...  I do the mowing and gardening.  Crazy thing is, seems we add another gardening area every year or so. 

Lesley Cox:
Well gardening is an addiction of course, happily one which does only good to one's mental and physical health. Oh.. I forgot the bad back and dodgy knees. But no, it was using a vacuum cleaner that gave me those. :D When the decision has to be made Leon, there are certainly some regrets but then you can look forward to the next phase of a joyful and fulfilling life. I wish you well, whenever that has to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version