General Subjects > The Archibald Archive

Fully searchable master list of seed names/numbers added

(1/3) > >>

Maggi Young:
Just added  to the the Archibald Archive : a fully searchable master list of seed names/numbers. This has been painstakingly compiled by David Stephens and is a major advance for those seeking to check plant names against collection numbers of the Archibald seed-lists.
Many congratulations to David for this excellent work.

It is presented for information and research.
As with all items in the Archibald Archive, it should not be copied or republished without permission which should be sought via the SRGC at info@srgc.org.uk

You can access the Master List here :
http://www.srgc.net/site/index.php/features-mainmenu-47/resources/266-seedlists-from-jja-seeds-1984-to-2011

edit : Now there are links to photos of plants grown from the seed added to several hundred of the items on the seed list.  :)

Gerry Webster:
David - this is invaluable. Thank you so much.

ashley:
This archive is a wonderful tribute to Jim Archibald and a really superb resource. 
What an excellent idea 8) 8) 8) 
My sincere thanks to all involved.

David Stephens:

--- Quote from: Gerry Webster on August 17, 2012, 09:36:48 PM ---David - this is invaluable. Thank you so much.

--- End quote ---
Gerry
Long time no see.
I was lucky enough to know Jim and Jenny well, and to receive some archive material.
What else could I do but try to preserve and share it.
David

Maggi Young:

--- Quote from: ashley on August 17, 2012, 09:48:20 PM ---This archive is a wonderful tribute to Jim Archibald and a really superb resource. 
What an excellent idea 8) 8) 8) 
My sincere thanks to all involved.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Quote from: Gerry Webster on Today at 09:36:48 PM

David - this is invaluable. Thank you so much.
--- End quote ---

Thank you, Gerry and Ashley - as David says, this was something that deserved to be done and given as wide an audience as possible, and it  can certainly reach a world wide audience on the SRGC website.
I have been delighted at how quickly pieces were "picked up" by the major search engines, allowing ever more folks to find the archive.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version