Administration > Notice Board

IMPORTANT FORUM INFO: PLEASE READ THIS!

(1/2) > >>

Maggi Young:
Friends,  please be imformed that important work is being undertaken on the Forum site and because  of this no attachments will be possible for some time.

In fact the whole forum may become  "Read Only"  at some point, for an indeterminate period.

Fred is working like a trojan and we ask you to be patient and bear with us while this work is undertaken.

Meantime, with 238834 Posts in 7498 Topics across the Forum, there is surely plenty for you to catch up on!

admin:
Parts of the changes to the forum are now complete. There are however still issues with attachments. Many old attachments are not showing I have therefore disabled all new attachments until I can figure out what the problem is.

Please be patient.  I have been working on this  for many days now, non stop, there is only so much I can do.  The amount of data involved is colossal and this means that changes and moves are difficult.

Some of the add-on features are also absent at this point in time. I will restore them as soon as I can giving priority to forum security.

So, in summary, not all of the functionality is yet in place, but enough to allow you t use the forum again.

admin:
Attachments are once again working.

Please note that there is an additional drop down beside the box where you search for  the file on your PC. It inserts the correct text for you. Should be easier.

Maggi Young:
I see that when one enlarges a picture that is placed in the body of a post that with the new system it opens as a new window, (with a dark background, which sets the picture off rather well)  and one must click the "back" button ( the arrow pointing to the left at the top left of the page) to return to the original thread.

Pictures added at the end of a post will enlarge in the same window, as before.
It'll keep us on our toes learning these new tricks!

admin:
That's only if you insert an in-line  thumbnail.  Full size in-line images should appear as before unless they are too big to fit into the normal window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version