Seedy Subjects! > Seed Exchange

Seed Identification : photos of named seed varieties.

<< < (76/76)

Maggi Young:
From Dima Zubov - some comparisons of Fritillaria seed

Lesley Cox:
What amazing things are seeds! Such variety, in size, shape, colour. I actually recognize a few, such as Clematis fusca, and feel very pleased with myself. Around the world we, gardeners, have had incredible access to hundreds of thousands of different species through their seeds and it is sad that now, so many countries are restricting this access, whether to preserve their own biodiversity, or for political reasons or, I suspect in some cases, from sheer bloodimindedness.

This Russian collection is utterly fascinating and I am grateful for the opportunity to see it, and wonder again at the infinite variation within that most exciting and rewarding activity, the collection, sowing and growing from SEEDS! My thanks to the Russian family who have made their wife's and mother's work
available to NARGS and to NARGS itself for passing along this amazing archive.

Maggi Young:
I am greatly indebted to my friend Dr. Dimitri Zubov for these  photos of various Gymnospermium seeds and flowers.
Gymnospermium albertii

G. albertii seeds,   Kyrgyzstan

G. albertii

Gymnospermium peloponnesiacum seeds, Greece

G. peloponnesiacum

Maggi Young:
Some more  Gymnospermium from Dimitri Zubov....

Gymnospermium scipetarum

G. scipetarum seeds, Albania

G. scipetarum

Gymnospermium smirnowii

G. smirnowii seeds,   Sakartvelo

G. smirnowii

Maggi Young:
From Mark McDonough on Facebook : Glaucidium palmatum twin seed-capsule with flat wafer-like seeds that stack inside each chamber as if folding in a deck of cards

Too add context, Mark shared this image of the plant in flower, April 29th  2023

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version