We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulb Log 06  (Read 1790 times)

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Bulb Log 06
« on: February 12, 2009, 05:57:11 PM »
Brilliant as ever Ian.

The Narcissus are looking great.

You have Crocus chrysanthus 'Sunspot' in a tight group while I grow mine spaced out one in the middle and one towards each corner just like the 5 on a di or is it die

I want my Colchicums back! Mine dont look so good  :'( Maybe I should lift them all and grow them under cover. Mine are rarely neat and nearly always have blemishes
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Re: Bulb Log 06
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:25:44 AM »
Beautiful narcissi - your Joy Bishop looks like mine. Hope all thaws out with no lasting damage, were the very low temperatures too much for your soil warming cables?
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:29:25 PM »
You have Crocus chrysanthus 'Sunspot' in a tight group while I grow mine spaced out one in the middle and one towards each corner just like the 5 on a di or is it die
Yes Mark we just got three corms late in October when Rob was visiting Aberdeen so they were just put into the pot on a wee group. Your suggestion will be employed next year. I just stick with dice :)

I want my Colchicums back! Mine don't look so good 
In deed thank you Mark for giving me this plant back again. I also got some seeds from the wild that are going to flower this year so if I get seed you will get some in return.

Beautiful Narcissus - your Joy Bishop looks like mine. Hope all thaws out with no lasting damage, were the very low temperatures too much for your soil warming cables?

Glad to have your vote for N. 'Joy Bishop' I think that we can apply that name to a number if near identical seedlings if it has not already been done.

The cables cannot prevent the plunge and compost freezing in prolonged periods of frost and the Narcissus are especially susceptible to death by freezing. Today the sun shines and the air is above freezing so the bulb houses will all defrost from the week long freeze so fingers crossed.
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:28:19 PM »
Only joking I want them back. I have plenty.
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal