General Subjects > General Forum

Books you may like to hear about

<< < (2/173) > >>

DaveM:
Many thanks Maggi for pointing to this review, the first we've seen. Just hope the rest are as kind as this one........

Doctor Rock ....aka..... the Rock Doc

Maggi Young:
My pleasure, Dave... we have suggested to the publisher that they might care to have the book reviewed for this forum, but no reply as yet!  :-\

Paddy Tobin:
Oh, is that you Dave?

I have the book to hand but have only glanced through it to date. I have a few days holidays and will be able to read it at my leisure now.

Paddy

DaveM:
Indeed it is I. The book was John Good's magmum opus. He is a professional ecologist and for some years he has lectured to rock garden groups on the ecology of alpines. I contributed the geology bits which also expand on a talk that I have given to many of the Rock Garden Club groups in Scotland and AGS groups in northern England. Hope you find the book interesting. I should be pleased to hear your opinion.
Dave

Paddy Tobin:
Dave,

From first impressions I know I will like the book. This is why I have left it. I had to read six books during the last week for a book review article; yours was not included as I wanted to read it at leisure. The others were books which could be read at speed without losing much.

Paddy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version