We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: BULB LOG 05 -31st January 2007  (Read 8337 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: BULB LOG 05 -31st January 2007
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 07:23:48 PM »
You really are having trouble with your words Clay. Wizened/Widened? And now, the Bulb Log is widening you? Maggi and I both know the Bulb Log doesn't widen us but a chocolate log definitely would.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 07:44:13 PM »
Clay is being broadened, Lesley, by knowledge and learning. WE, on the other hand, while still striving for that kind of widening, are doing better on the sort produced by calories, as you suggest. Then again the Americans have broads of another kind, do they not? We'd better not go there. Words are doing wonders on this forum, I'm off to ask Paddy about "a little dote" .
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 06:32:50 AM »
In response to Clay's question about pollinating:
When I'm out in the garden and can't be bothered to run back into the house to find a paintbrush I just rely on what nature provides: the young, spring grass-shoots with furry stems that catch and hold pollen nice-and-gently and allow transfer easily to the stigma. And they can be discarded after each use.
Not much in the way of young grass around at this time of the year either here or where you are though!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal